The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Natural Conversation--Rhizome at Corax Lake  (Read 119 times)

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
A Natural Conversation--Rhizome at Corax Lake
« on: March 03, 2006, 10:28:26 am »
A figure in dark green emerges from the Sielwood and begins to step lively around the wooden walls of Hlint. Another metal clad figure passes on the way to Hint and greets the rangerish looking fellow.
  "Hello there. We've met before, haven't we?"
  "Yes, yes we have. Thanks for helping with those poachers the other day."
  "My pleasure. Where are you stepping out to with such vigor?"
  "Dregar. The druids here have told me that Rhizome is there and will be there for a while, accepting all visitors. I've been meaning to ask him some important things about the Great Oak and other things. I hope I get there in time."
  The metal clad figure nods and steps aside, as if letting him pass. "Good luck to you," he says with encouragement, "or perhaps you'd like some company on the journey?"
  "That's a great idea."
  "I'm interested about this holy tree myself."
  Moments later they are bounding together off towards Lelion.
  //I intend to have Rhizome at Corax Lake from a few minutes from now to around 2 pm pst. If you'd like to come talk about anything, I'll be there. Hope to see you soon.

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Re: A Natural Conversation--Rhizome at Corax Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:17:41 pm »
//I just realized that there is a quest scheduled at this time.  So I'll end this a bit early and reschedule for another time if folks are interested.  Be well.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:39:34 pm »
((Couldn't think of an IC reason I'd know to come visit.  Perhaps next time.

Aryn Ravenlocke

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 01:33:10 pm »
Where's you go?!?!?! Oh well, maybe Galen and Thordan will find you later.

YT

Guardian 452

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 02:01:56 pm »
// nice idea Rhiz!... hope I can catch you when you do this next.

KageKeeper

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 03:32:45 pm »
//Rhiz already knows Luna is seeking him. :)

jrizz

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 10:22:00 pm »
I so enjoyed out last talk about the great oak that I treked all the way back through the great forest (I could stay there forever) just too stand as close to it as I could get. I felt the joining of all things that you spoke of and would like to learn more.

Glenn

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
RE: A Natural Conversation--Rhizome at Corax Lake
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 09:25:19 am »
*Rhizome stands again in the approximate middle of the sacred island at Corax Lake. As the rain begins to fall and moisten the ground around him, his feet seem to sink into the earth and his whole body and personae seem to merge with the surroundings. He speaks a few words slowly and softly, sounding more like they were created in concert between the wind, rain, birds, rustling grasses, creeking trees than from his mouth.*
  I've enjoyed meeting people here in the past. I think the time is right to do so again. Some company, conversation and connection will be welcomed and hopefully productive.
  *With a deep meditative breath his handsreache up towards the rays of the sun beaming through the branches in the grove around him. As he does so green shoots stretch out beyond his limits. They continue to grow skyward, sprouting leaves and donning bark. Slowly the transformation overtakes his whole body, and as a tree he stands firmly in the middle of the sacred grove, branches entwined with those around him.*
  *In moments, birds and forest creatures scatter to the edges of their territories, communicating the message beyond that Rhizome has rooted himself to solicit questions, discussions and companionship. The message is carried from creature to ranger to all manner of being. Eventually it reaches your ears.*

LordCove

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:55:19 am »
*Sallaron stops in mid swing, hearing the message carried all around him. He gives the kobold an irritated look and lops the things head off, concentrating on the message*

"Ahh," he grins, " so this Rhizome has made himself known and findable. Perhaps he could shed some light on how Broken Woods might be freed from Selians grief."

*Sallaron pulls a map from his pockets, searches for Coran lake, and nods to himself*

anything