The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bard's Guild  (Read 331 times)

jadewillow

Bard's Guild
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:14:33 am »
*after a long night at the Wild Surge and perhaps one too many, Flynn begins to wonder*

"What ya thing of a Guild lad? A guild for us bards across the lands?"

"No stupid rules or hierarchy, but just a gathering group to support one another fer drinks, performances, instrument guidance, and who knows, maybe we open a real tavern in these lands!".

Yastin looks at Flynn with a blank stare and shrugs "Whatever floats yer boat lad. You gonna pay for those drinks?"

"Bah!"

*Flynn posts notices at Mistone taverns asking interest in such a guild*

// post here if this would be of interest. No promises, but if I have time, and there is enough interest, I think it would be fun.

The following users thanked this post: Zoogmunch

Zoogmunch

Re: Bard's Guild
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:30:40 pm »
yes I'd be up fer that laddy. Does i have ter pay any true ter join though  *frowns at the thought*

---------------------

happy to try for summat like a repository for songs and stories but they are hard to tell in game mechanically unless fast typing is yer skill.

Does anyone know an easy way of loading up whole verses that i could just click on?

Rockhead Howling Wolf

RollinsCat

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:42:04 pm »
*Finally making it to Hlint to visit the shrine, Andrew reads the notice*

I, Andrew Reid, would be interested in this - ask around for me, or maybe we'll bump into each other in a tavern sometime.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 06:55:44 pm »
//depending on the times and such, I have a cute Ilsarian Bard/Cleric who might be interested...//

*Laaren winks at Andrew as she tends the flowers in the garden*

jadewillow

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:14 pm »
Thanks everyone for your responses. And no, there would not be any fees for joining. We would raise funds with regular performances, outings, and instrument sales. My IG time has been very limited lately, so bare with me. I think the first step is to see if we can secure a regular venue for meetings, and performances. We may have an option in Vehl, but send me your thoughts if you have any..

Serissa

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »
I might be interested.

Lana Poetr

Carillon

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:57:04 am »
//I am super busy at the moment, but when things calm down a bit I'd love to keep my bard involved in something like this. Seems like a really cool idea.

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:40:49 pm »
//Zoog - if you have dual monitors, set layo for windows mode, and keep your songs, whatever in a word doc on the other screen. In windowed mode layo won't drop to your task bar if you switch screens. then cut/paste into the chat bar at will.  That's how I do it with Andrew to keep a flow.