The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Attack on Fort Hope  (Read 43 times)

Mandrake Shilling

• View Profile
    Attack on Fort Hope
    « on: January 04, 2006, 05:13:00 am »
    Lepus Pox has been shooting his mouth off down at the Scamp’s Mug, and to anyone who will listen in the card room at The Wild Surge:

‘… attack on Fort Hope. It was quite terrifying! Giant ogrillions … thousands of them … well, hundreds …um, tens, at least, anyway … what? No, they were no larger than ordinary ogrillions, but ordinary ogrillions are huge - okay, well maybe not giant ogrillions … but listen, there’s more: subsequent investigation revealed that these beasts were being directed by some sort of mage - possibly an ogrillion too, I confess that I did not get close enough to inspect the creature properly before it was hacked to pieces by my magnificent companions … Yes, of course I tried to help them, what are you insinuating? Anyway, having tracked this putatively ogrillion mage to its lair and destroyed it, we discovered a quire of correspondence in an unknown hand … orders from afar, instructions pertaining to a plot against Mistone … For my own part I am quite sure that Bloodstone himself and his horde of devils will appear at any minute and devour us all …’

[Lepus pauses for a few moments, listening with increasing irritation to his foolhardy interlocutors]

‘Bring it on!? What in all the hells are you talking about? “Bring it on!” my foot! Oh, it’as all right for you, isn’t it, with your CHASTITY BELT OF SMITING and your SWORD OF ECKY THUMP … Why don’t you think of others for a change? … the weak … the poor … ME … honestly, anyone would think you had been drinking …’