The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Looking to hire a language instructor  (Read 164 times)

Ravemore

Looking to hire a language instructor
« on: December 12, 2006, 03:18:20 pm »
Looking to hire a language instructor for a very obscure dialect…. Infernal.
Instruction will span about a month or two, depending on how easily I can pick it up. Need to master it for some research and a book I plan on writing. If interested send a letter care of Postmaster Vale.

Stygian Achnuman

Ozy_Llewellyn

Re: Looking to hire a language instructor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:39:12 pm »
‘The very nature of the language of the infernal pits of the Baator is a cruel callous thing. Not easily spoken by a mortal tongue, I would suggest preparing to spend one or two years learning even the basics. I would advise in studying the infernal beings deeply to understand their mentality before embarking on a quest to understand their language. I give you full warning that those that deal with devils fair far worse then those that deal with demons.

- Ozymandias Llewellyn L’

Ravemore

Re: Looking to hire a language instructor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 10:01:18 pm »
*I take down the post and scratch a quick reply on the bottom of the parchment*

Ozymandias,

I thank you for your response, and your wisdom. Your suggestion of a course of study in regards to the inhabitants of the infernal planes will begin shortly. One or two years allocated for this endeavor will be a small price to pay, and one I easily accept. I expected cruel and callous, but the apparent complexity was not. It is of little consequence though, and a hurdle I will easily bypass. Your warning has been received and given all due consideration. Your shared knowledge also leads me to believe you have a certain “familiarity” with the tongue. In all likelihood, you will be hearing from me again in regards to this subject within a year’s time…

Stygian Achnuman

*The missive is taken to Postmaster Vale for delivery to Ozymandias*