The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Meeting of the Dwarves  (Read 92 times)

Diamondedge

Meeting of the Dwarves
« on: August 01, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
*Written in Dwarvish*

A time has been confirmed. Journey through the Greypeaks to the land of Lar on the dates below. We will discuss what truly needs to be discussed. All dwarves are expected to travel here; Anyone else is not permitted. Others that DO join will be turned away harshly.

If you need help getting through the greypeaks, there are many dwarves whom are capable of leading batches of dwarves through the Greypeaks. Try not to congeal within Hlint in too large a group, and try to speak only your mother tongue of Dwarven. This will dissuade others from travelling with you.

Special exceptions may be made for such people as we dwarves unanimously deem fit to join us.

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/calendar/event-view.asp?eventid=1143&year=2005&month=8

and if you can't make that one, then

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/calendar/event-view.asp?eventid=1144&year=2005&month=8

Special request that a DM or two is present. Makes things run smoother, maybe have a few NPC dwarves representing other places.

Leanthar

RE: Meeting of the Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
As I stated in the PM. No promises but if a GM is available I am sure you will be watched (at the very least).  Also... You need to contact Tak. :)

Victor

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
May I suggest making one of these meetings during a different time frame?  The same time, two days in a row, is not likely to gather many more together.

Also, I never enter the Grey Peaks alone if I can help it.  Gathering at Fort Llast for the journey may be wise.

feniox

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 03:57:00 pm »
//Just as a clarification, this would be 8pm GMT right? I've signed up but I don't want to miss it due to getting the times wrong again :(

GhostWhoWalks

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 09:14:00 pm »
To those concerned:
  I have recently been informed of your desire to have a moot in my town. Depending on your goals and desires it is possible I can rent or lend you the meeting/dining hall of the Citadel of the Hammer for a short time. It is well stocked and can hold several hundred people without much concern.
  The roads to Lar are often populated by Ogres, while I occasionally send out men to push them back, it has become easier to set up a simple trade agreement with them. They are able to provide food and skins in exchange for simple weapons and the likes they would otherwise be unable to get. In return they also do not raid on my wagons which travel through my Barony quite frequently.
  If it is your desire, I will speak to their chieftian and have some sort of truce called for the afternoon you desire passage. A few kegs of my ale and a few oxen to roast and they will stay out of your hair mostly.
  I would, in the future, speak to me first before calling a meeting in my Barony. It will make things much easier. You may forward details to me via a messenger or package at the Citadel. My office is located here.
  Regards,
  Baron Ta'karsh Blacklung, Hammer of Dorand
  (dictated)

Diamondedge

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 12:41:00 am »
//Oops. Sorry for forgetting to send you the thing-a-me...

//Anywho, I have added another, scheduled on Saturday, at 11 PM PST. I hope the rest of you can attend that one.

If you can't make it to any of the three, just seek out Turor Sunderstone. He'll tell you what it's all about. Assuming you're a dwarf. And not a Duergar either. :)

Diamondedge

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 11:48:00 am »
Todays meeting in 10 minutes... Hope more of you can be there than just us three. We'll be meeting in Lar, somewhere near the Inn, I guess.