The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pilgrimage of the faithful  (Read 145 times)

Locust

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Pilgrimage of the faithful
« on: June 24, 2005, 11:00:00 pm »
A note is past along the followers of Toran.

Member of the church of Toran, The all watching, The great leader,

Not long ago a meeting took place, the congregation of the faithful. During the meeting much was discussed about the loss of power of the known Gods but also the appearance and the rise in power of a God whose name was long forgotten.

The weak state Toran and Rofirein are currently in and the war Toran is waging was mentioned.

An initiative was taken by the congregation to continue to spread the word of this threat to the Gods to the people in the land and to raise the level of faith among the followers of the weakened Gods.

It was decided at the temple of Toran in Llast that an example had to be set. Therefore the temple is calling all those willing to join in a pilgrimage for Toran and Rofirein.

For those willing to undertake this endeavour gather at Llasts temple. After an initial period of preparation and meditation after which we will set out on the pilgrimage.

Support us in our call to prevent them from leaving us behind

In His name.

//The idea came form here http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12702&posts=24

I’m trying to set this up for end of July/start August in the GMT +1 time zone. For those interested to join please comment in this thread.

The pilgrimage will take us from Toran temple in Llast to Pranzis with visits to other Toran and Rofirein temples and locations along the way. Since I’m not to familiar with the layout of Layonara I still have to figure out a route.

If a player is interested he can make a prayer at one of the temples or other locations along the way while the others join him/her in silence. This payer can be two words or longer also I don’t want to oblige anybody to this, you’re choice.

Besides this I have some other initial ideas but if you have some yourself please add them to this thread and they may be taken into account.

If you’re interested but you are not able to play in the GMT +1 time zone I wouldn’t mind if you use this idea to also start your own pilgrimage for either Toran or any other God but please do it in a separate thread. In the end we may see various pilgrimages for the various Gods making their way across the land.

My router/modem is currently broken so I won't be able to respond quickly.

P.

mixafix

RE: Pilgrimage of the faithful
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 02:21:00 am »
Wanonahed, Monk of Toran, Road Warden of Mistone, reviews the plan. This will take organisation, I will need to get involved, here is a chance to return some good. Here is a chance to demonstrate faith before moving to other challenges beyond Mistone. I will pack, looks into his bag, I am packed. I will prepare spiritually....but I am always prepared, I am ready...sits down to wait patiently.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 05:10:00 am »
I will do my best to join you.

Synal'dur.

// the date is still to be decided by Locust, like he stated.

muaddib

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 06:12:00 am »
I will also do my best to be there.

Kharl Drake

//aslong as its in july i will probably be there but i start school again sometime in early august

Dezza

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 07:14:00 am »
In times past followers of Rofirein and Vorax have stood shoulder to shoulder with those of Toran through all manner of perils and dangers. If the Toranites are to undertake this pilgramige they will require protection on their journey. Once more in the time of need I pledge my sword to protect the Toranites as they embark on this faithful journey. I call upon other followers of Rofirein and Voraz to stand now and defend our brothers in their time of need.
Come forth and be counted Brothers in arms and Brothers in Faith,

Tarradon Duvall, Paladin-Knight of Rofirein

Shadowblade225

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 07:01:00 pm »
You have my oath to it.

- Michaelis Draego,
                Servant of Toran

Grid Blader

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 10:11:00 pm »
I will also try my best to be there.  

Quantum Windword
Cleric of Toran

// If on the weelends I will be able, but on the week day RL calls.

Yllyrryon

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 04:39:00 pm »
*Having received word that Tarradon Duvall, Paladin-Knight of Rofirein, had requested the faithful of Rofirein come forward for a quest of grave importance, Ael Rynthien submits the following:*

I will do my utmost to aid in any way possible in this great endeavor.  Please summon me fron Hlint, where I currently reside.

Ael Rynthien, Monk of Rofirein, Devotee of Az’atta.

Locust

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 01:41:00 pm »
* a letter arrives at the door of Tarradon Duvall *

Sir,

We thank you for your call to protect the Toran pilgrims during their pilgrimage. As you are aware we will also be travelling along the various temples of Rofirein. Followers of Rofirein are therefore welcome to join us as pilgrims and to display their faith in their God.

If not in spirit but by the shield the protection you and the other heroes of Rofirein and Vorax can offer us will be highly appreciated and probably required. We will be packed light with a minimal supply of food and water and travel through a country filled with danger. Hostility must be bypassed but we recognize that it is sometimes unavoidable. Without your arm to defend us we would be obliged to fight ourselves probably with loss of live and blood due to our weakened state. Besides the distraction this would cause will disrupt the aim of our pilgrimage.

Despite the dangers and the hardship endured by the pilgrims we feel that this sign to Toran and Rofirein will strengthen the Gods guarding the people of Layonara.

Walkers in faith.

//Some additional ideas I had that should add a feeling of a pilgrimage. More are always welcome.

All pilgrims to wear a robe, with cape, in the colour of either Toran or Rofirein depending which God your character believes in.

All pilgrims carry only a staff and this will be used as a last resort weapon. No other weapons allowed to because the pilgrims will travel lightly packed.

Also it would be nice to not eat and drink during the track and let the negative stats affect you in your actions.

I hope this can be done for all those taking part.

The protectors will off course not be limited by these requirements :)

Although to early to fix the date I was thinking about, 23 or 30/7 starting at 7:30 pm BST (time on top of the forum).

Locust

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 12:39:00 pm »
//Finaly some spare time.  ;)

The provisional date is 23/7 on 7:30 PM and it's on the calander.

After looking through the handbook I was planning the following track for the pilgrimage

Start in Fort Llast at the Toran temple.

Then Fort Velensk for Rofirein followed by a boat trip to Point Harbor.

Accross Rilara.

Boat trip to Lorindar and onward to Pranzis to honor both Toran and Rofirein.

I'm only wondering about Rilara. I couldn't find anything in the handbook about shrines or other places to visit that are related to these Gods. From a previous quest I have an idea to visit Bloody Gate but that's about it.

Therefore if anybody has some idea's or experiences regarding one of these Gods in places that could be of interest for the pilgrimage, especially on Rilara, let me know.

P.

earthenone

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 05:10:00 pm »
    Aye ill be there to help and do me best to help out in any way.

Goram Curshinghammer, of the clan Curshinghammer loyal paladin of Vorax

-aye its be some smashen ye want its be smashen ye gets har- ;)  ;)

Locust

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
    The pilgrimage is still planned for 23/7 starting on 7:30 - 8:00 PM BST.

I'm sorry for not being able to be in game and find interest for this event but RL intervened in a major way. However Saturday should be okay and I hope some people will turn up but whether I can make it all the way to Pranzis I do not know yet. RL is still unpredictable.

You can look at this link to get a bid more into it.

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15494&posts=1

Also I'm still looking for suggestions on places to visit on Rilara. I like to prepare the track a little so that we don't have to spend to much time deciding which direction to take in game. Also I don't wan't to run over Rilara but find 2 - 3 places where we can stop for a prayer, meet some special person or some time to tell the others why the place is so special to you (for instance a fight where you were saved on the brink of death, or just a place that you feel at ease or one with Toran for instance).

Regards, Peet.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »
    In pilgrimages like this some of the places we stop by don't necessarily have to be temples but as you said, various places of meaning.  Lake Rillon is a quiet place and may be one to consider.  Perhaps a camping out there and discussing various things.  I'm also wondering if a DM might take the time and be on hand for parts of this event.  Regardless, RL is always first but places that I truly wish to visit as a group include two of my favorite places on Layonara - on Dregar in Pranzis - the citadel and the castle.  But for now - in regards to Rilara Lake Rillon would be a good place of meaning for Michaelis.

Stug3

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 06:23:00 am »
    You can count on me to walk beside the faithful.

Roland Uquhardtt, Paladin of Toran.

// Sorry it took so long to post, been at sea quite a bit this month.

Locust

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 08:44:00 pm »
    Stug3 - 7/19/2005  3:23 PM

You can count on me to walk beside the faithful.

Roland Uquhardtt, Paladin of Toran.

// Sorry it took so long to post, been at sea quite a bit this month.

Don't worry everyone is still welcome.

Locust

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 04:46:00 am »
    I need some extra time with the family and plan to start at 8:00 pm BST (time at top of forum). See you all there in the temple of Toran in Llast.

Regards, Peet.

Germaine Lorn

• View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
      //is there a level under which it would be ridiculous to sign up.  Mary Bloodaxe is a follower of Roifen but is only level 6.  Is this too low?  I didn't add my name to the event list, thought it was better to post here and see what you thought.

Thanks

Mary Blood Axe

Locust

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
      You can always join as a pilgrim.

The idea is to avoid danger but if unavoidable the Rofirein followers will defend the pilgrims.

P.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
      // I'd like to apologize for missing this great event, i had trouble with my computer and had to format and reinstall everything. :(

I hope everything went well, and i look forward on joining you some other time.

muaddib

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 08:05:00 pm »
      //Ya i missed it to i forgot it was today and i went to hooters(its a restruant some of you might not know) and when i got back i looked at the website and saw it was over.

anything