The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: To Arms!  (Read 376 times)

Ellis

To Arms!
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:46:56 pm »
~~~ A notice tacked to the wall of the Wild Surge Inn, Hlint ~~~

To Arms! To Justice! The lovable Johan of Hlint has been brutally slain in the streets in cold blood!

No more shall we, the city and town dwelling citizens of Layonara, be subject to the 'natural law' of the druids. They come into our towns to murder our citizens and exact their own justice upon us and our harmonious way of life. We must capture the one responsible to be tried in our courts by our laws and terms.

Do not let this senseless murder go unpunished! Take action now!

~-~ Ellis Kyudo, Archer ~-~

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

Xirion

Re: To Arms!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:53:09 pm »
*eander having a drink in the Inn redas the notice and fronws, he takes out his pen and writes under the message*
Aren't there more serious problems troubling the world?

*he nods to Jastin and puts a small back of coin at his table to pay his ale and walks out slowly*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:04:18 pm »
The message that was here originally has been scratched off, seemingly by a knife.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:40:08 pm »
* Kobal Bluntaxe notices the sign and leaves the inn in a rush to ask city guard if the rumours are true. Upon confirmation of the rumour he begins to ask around, seeking possible witnesses and goes to inspect and search the scene of the murder.

Those seeing him there watch him go at the task methodically and untiring, a sad look on his face whenever he stops for a breather. *

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 09:53:17 am »
**Pyyran shakes his head, sighing, and speaks a quiet prayer for the man whose cloak he still wears every day.*

If "nature's servants" are killing furriers, now, I suppose I'll have to watch after Ferrit Pandorn - gods know the lass has killed more than Johan was ever responsible for. And myself, for the thousands or millions of spider's I've killed to fuel my research. And all the fletchers who make too many arrows to just gather shed feathers... And all the fishermen who feed the masses.

Whoever this murderer is, is in for a rough time, not only from the Dragoncalled who called Johan friend, but from the Druidic council.

I call for the Great Oak to police its own, so this madness does not spread.

~ Pyyran Rahth

Erik K

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:23:23 am »
Jacob reads the note and balls his fists in anger, swearing a quiet oath.

ycleption

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:35:05 pm »
*a serious-faced Drexia comes up and writes on the poster*

To all those who are seeking the one responsible:
His name is Khuren. He is an elf, usually wears green. He often takes the form of animals; he seems fond of cheetahs.
I wish to emphasize; while I do not know whether he received encouragement or support from others of his ilk, he was the sole killer. I feel some are reacting to this incident by painting with an overly broad brush, and I do not wish people to lose focus in attempting to find retribution for Johan's death.

To any who are in contact with Khuren, please give him this message from myself:
Please let him know that he will be held accountable. I realize he feels justified in his actions, or displaces the deed from himself. If he truly can hold these views, he should not be afraid to explain them before a court of law. If he turns himself in voluntarily, he will be viewed far more favorably. While I have made it clear to him that I personally do not buy his arguments, I will assure him he will have a chance to argue his point of view at trial.
Finally, let him know that one way or another, he will be brought to justice. He can not hide in the woods forever.

~Drexia.

Xirion

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 02:49:44 am »
*writes under the notice in a hhaste*
Atleast it's more difficult now. And please drop your illusion of a fair trial infront of any court of your law.

*left unsigned, eander curses to himself and runs of*

Falonthas

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 12:20:39 pm »
:Marked with a panther paw:
your laws dont interest me, nor do i answer to them

you wish me before a hearing then you  should head to the great oak and only Rhizome or the Council can call me in for my words

the greater whole is in place and the spirits of the millions of animals johan ordered slain now rest on their next stages of the balance

:tacked to the board by an arrow:

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 01:03:36 pm »
*A fully-armored dwarf, complete with helm, reaches up to snap the arrow off and take the panther-signed note.

He then walks off to compose another letter...*

//Falonthas: Please don't delete the post. Using it elsewhere. ;)

Ellis

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 03:59:34 pm »
~~~ Druid Netted ~~~

Hlint rejoice!  The cold blooded murderer has been caught!  I await the day we can all view his corpse hanging from a large tree following his sentencing to death!

Pray for a speedy trial and execution!

~-~ Ellis Kyudo ~-~

Xirion

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 04:05:49 pm »
*Eander walks through Hlint in the morning hours as he returns fromthe campfire. Most of the townsfolk is still sleeping and paired with the slight fog in the air the athmosphere is a bit gloomy at all, allthough the first actinism enlighten the rooftops. He stops and frowns at the notice shaking his head, quickly he puts out a pen and writes at the bottom*

What's about praying for a fair trial?

*he leaves it unsigned and walks out of tghe gates where he has entered making a fist*

anything