The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Tathnolu Rilyn'val  (Read 479 times)

ZeroVega

Tathnolu Rilyn'val
« on: June 25, 2006, 11:33:12 am »
Just four months shy of of two years with Tath. I was elligible to submit for a WLDQ (then ECDQ) back in March err... no February. I didn't think I was ready back then, it was a busy time for the GM Team and now I'm glad I waited. So here it is.
ECDQ Material: Tathnolu
[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Name: Tathnolu[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=16]   [SIZE=16]Race: Drow[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Age: 130 (Roughly)[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Class: Wizard[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Alignment: TN (Halfway to CN)[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Current Experience: 6’190’000[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Experience Until Next Level: 2’000’000 (Roughly)[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Original Biography[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Alignment Shift Request[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]OldCharacter Development Thread[/SIZE]
  New Character Development Thread (There isn't one yet, I intend to start it this week and continue it whether or not I am approved for WLDQ.)
  [SIZE=16]Hours of Quests: 80+ [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Hours of Plot Quests: 10+ [/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Normal Quests (Series) Attended: “What(?) Quest Series” by Sakura, “Rufus ECDQ” by EdTheKet, “Heart of ....” Quests by Sakura, “Relic Hunters” by Sakura, “Ciro Quest Seires” by Milo, “Mistone Alliance: The Poison Series” by Milo, “Mistone Alliance: No Mercy, No Redemption” by Milo, “Red Lotus Series” by Mixafix, “Leave Her to Heaven” by Milo (and other various quests that I should have written down when I was a GM and had all the information right there). [/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Plot Quests Attended:Soul of a Lost Ancient: In Defense”; “Operation Blood Fall” by Milo, “The Long Storm” by Milo (Also went on one of Leanthar’s quests that I did not bother to write the title of, so... yeah.)[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]The Past 30 Years[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]Tathnolu Rilyn’val, of the Drow House Rilyn’val of the City of Olist Orbinn, arrived on the surface of Layonara in the year 1374. Since that time his life has been little more than a constant whirlwind of mystery, danger, betrayal, excitement and enlightenment. Shortly after arriving on the surface, having honed his skills to match the change in environment (from the dank darkness of the Underdark to the open expanses of the surface) Tathnolu was able to convince a certain Rufus Coldfinger to mentor him. Over the next sixteen years, darkness followed Tathnolu’s life.[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Apprenticing to the notorious and nefarious Necromancer, Tathnolu learned the art well; however, he never was quite able to master it. The relationship of Rufus and Tathnolu was a tense one; made so by the difference in race, age, experience, power and religion. Throughout the duration of his apprenticeship, however, Tathnolu made several strong alliances with Corathites such as a Priestess of Corath and a young Corathite Palemaster.[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]Several years before his apprenticeship ended, Tathnolu thought it prudent to acquire less conspicuous companions and thus began strong and enduring “friendships” with great heroes such as Derrick Loadson, Quin, Michaelis Draego, Gloin, Rurik Kessel and Celgar Mangus. As is the drow way, he betrayed both his good and evil companions, leaking information about them to each other without ever breaking his cover. (To this day he retains the trust of many of his old companions.)[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=16]After being released from his apprenticeship, Tathnolu began to form relationships with other prominent wizards such as Oholibama, Elinmire, Ralinda, Alantha and Lia. He quickly trained himself in the art of scribing and became, next to Brac’ar Fireface, one of the most prominent scribes of the adventurers of Hlint. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]It was not until ten years ago that he began his quest, with the help of Elinmire, Lia, and Ralinda, to open an Arcane School in the hopes of spreading the knowledge of arcane, building a reputation and acquiring surface power and acclaim for his later mission. Years it took for the construction to be complete, but Lia and Ralinda overseeing the construction, the foundation and structure of the school’s hierarchy laid down by Elinmire and the massive amount of Tathnolu’s own gold that went into funding the tower, it was soon complete.[/SIZE]   [SIZE=16]To contrast his outstanding contribution to Port Hampshire, Tathnolu also engaged in other “dark” activities during this time. After he was released from his apprenticeship, he was later called back by his former master, Rufus Coldfinger to aid in a plot by the Black Wizards. The details of this plot are sketchy to this day, however, it is thought that the quest, whether Tathnolu impacted it at all or not, greatly affected the outcome of the war against Sinthar Bloodstone (for better or worse). [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]Tathnolu also took part in various other missions run by the Mistone Alliance and other military organizations to fend of Bloodstone; missions such as Operation Bloodfall to take back the fallen Kingdom of Roldem and emissary missions to The Long Storm to speak about a dragon alliance. Possibly the greatest of Tath’s missions, however, was the battle at Pranzis against Sinthar’s General, Lord Broegar.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]It is uncertain where Tathnolu is headed in his future or how he will get there however his ambitions have been renewed in sight of the recent chaos that reigns in the wake of Blood’s defeat, and few still stop his from achieving them.[/SIZE]   [SIZE=16]Other Noteworthy Accomplishments:[/SIZE]
[/i][SIZE=16]Tathnolu has been with a group to mine titanium, adamantium, cobalt, mithril, diamonds, and yew. He has seen no less than three dragons. He has (again) built a tower, raising all 1’050’000 gold himself through crafting. He donated over 100’000 gold in gold and items to the Mistone Alliance during their war collection. He has donated over 700’000 gold in gold and items to the Church of Ca’duz (making it to Olist Orbinn in its self being an accomplishment). Also he is, to my knowledge, one of the only PCs ever to make it to the Forsaken Islands. [/SIZE]  [SIZE=16]Future Plans:[/SIZE]
[/i][SIZE=16]My future plans for Tathnolu are pretty “exciting to say the least”. He has spent quite a bit of time in Olist Orbinn as of late, and as I’ve RPed it “catching up on the times” in his home town. He’s taken to a bit of interest in the planes visiting the Abyss, Arborea, Mecha, and two other planes (the names of which I can’t rightly remember). [/SIZE]  [SIZE=16]So what I was thinking is, well, simply put I’d like to attempt to gain a position in the city of Olist Orbinn with Tathnolu. Perhaps a master of an Arcane Academy there and use his surface status as incentive. (Ie: He has a base for the drow to work out of on the surface, he has resources, renown and power so he’s ready to persuade, buy or kill his way into a position.) [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16]On the planes he would be interested in possibly apprenticing to a Devil (not a demon). Or simply finding a way to travel the planes, hopefully making his way to the negative energy plane and finding some way to harness its energy in an object such as a staff or ring. Perhaps find a way to continuously tap it’s energy so that he no longer has to draw from Lucinda’s Weave but from another energy source when he casts. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]That’s what I’ve got but again I’d be open to suggestions if I’m approved for this. I’ll have time to do this between now and August. After that, weekend evenings will only work for me but this is something I’m committed to doing so I’ll find a way to make them and get it done. [/SIZE]  [SIZE=16]Thanks for reading! (Oh and I just want to say, should I not be approved, I will hold no hard feelings. There’s been too much of that going around and I’m sure there ARE other people better qualified for WLDQs than I. Cheers!)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

ZeroVega

RE: Tathnolu Rilyn'val
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 04:11:42 pm »
Just a slight update before this gets rolling.
  New Character Development Thread

minerva

Re: Tathnolu Rilyn'val
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 04:32:35 am »
Thanks ZeroVega.   Got the ball rolling so to speak. Should have a result within a week.

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 10:23:34 am »
This request is approved. Go ahead and get on a GM's list to have it run. Keep in mind you can keep leveling as you are waiting for the WLDQ to be run.

A concern that was raised during our conversations and you need to understand it. There have been a few times that you have disappeared from playing your character in game for months on end. However, unlike most others, you did remain active (realtively so) on the forums. Since WL's are accounted for in-game and out-of-game, so long as the out of game is fairly active and the in-game disappearce does not last overly long, I am going to give this concern the benefit of the doubt. But please understand that there is 45 day requirement for WL's and I will be actively watching that requirement for all players/characters.

ZeroVega

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 12:25:59 pm »
I understand completely and am grateful for the chance to have this run. Thank you all very much.

anything