The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A jukebox in Hempstead  (Read 262 times)

lonnarin

A jukebox in Hempstead
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:14:06 am »
How much would it cost to outright buy a jukebox for Hempstead's Scamps Mug Tavern?  Surely not much more than buying one for one's own house, aye?  Farros, Being a man of the people, would gladly buy a jukebox from the realtor's shop and equip the Scamps Mug with its own Jukebox for the pleasure of all, all royalties of the tune changing going straight to the house!

I use that kitchen often, and so do many people, so I would like to know how much I can pull out of my pocket and benefit the many cooks of its kitchen and the local populace.  I so do like those custom songs from the planescape soundtrack to do my 15-25 minutes of crafting daily.

As a bard of drunken delight, I feel downright negligent for not making this investment for the masses sooner!

The following users thanked this post: Filatus

Dorganath

Re: A jukebox in Hempstead
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:39:53 am »
Meh...I'll try and put one in next update.  I say "try" because it's several hours before I'll get home and be in a position to do anything about it.

scifibarbie

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:45:58 pm »
But who needs jukebox when we have Moe entertaining us with his dry wit, sarcastic tongue and beautiful singing voice!

Woo woo woo Nyuck nyuck nyuck :D

Filatus

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 02:46:51 pm »
Heh, you know, I have looked for that jukebox in there often enough. Good suggestion.

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 03:28:04 pm »
I always thought Moe was a stand-up comedian.  He looks too ugly to be in a band and doesnt have an instrument.

Pseudonym

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 04:26:29 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
I always thought Moe was a stand-up comedian.  He looks too ugly to be in a band and doesnt have an instrument.

Chad Kroeger? Chris Robinson? Ric Ocasek? There are a few exceptions.

Musicians only have had to be pretty since watching them became more important than listening to them. Since Layo has a pre-1980 feel, maybe we can say it's practitioners of music and song have (thus far) not sold out to/for the teeny masses?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 07:07:43 pm »
Thank you, Pseudonym.

Though the best example of all would be the lead singer of the Stones, Mick Jagger. There's an ugly man who rocked the world.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 08:46:59 pm »
Steven Tyler *nods*