The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Letter via Bird to the High Druid of Mistone  (Read 157 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

A Letter via Bird to the High Druid of Mistone
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:38:47 pm »
//Had no idea who to send this to, as I -think- Rhizome's away...

*This letter is in two parts; the first, written in Dwarven, is markedly more eloquent. The second, in Common, is more simple and to-the-point. Enclosed is a letter, marked with a panther print.*

[SIZE=10]//Italics, for these purposes, mean Dwarven.//

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10][SIZE=13]High Druid of [/SIZE][SIZE=13]Mistone, a letter of grave importance.

My name is
Cutter, Clan head of Clan Stonehelm, member of the Unified Clans under Varka Cleaveson and King Rory Rockfist. I send this letter with a heavy heart and stirred blood, in response to the black murder of Johan of Hlint.Johan was a furrier, and, in his business, was second-handedly responsible for the deaths of many, many creatures. The skins of each, he put to good use, making works that, into his career, are works of art, and sold these to support himself and his family the only way he knew how. Hundreds of other furriers and tanners make their livings this way every day.

Johan was near his death, and had a last request, to be filled by a group of hunters. I was a part of this group. Johan wanted the pelt of the Golden Bear, a magical, rare animal that is born once in a decade. With it, he would make his masterwork, the greatest art he had ever produced.

An elf named
Khuren, a Druid, decided this should not happen.

I am told he went to the Raven of
Wolfswood Forest to tell him of this. Raven told him that it would aid nature for us to take the Golden Bear, because the hunters and trappers that came from all Layonara would not leave if it lived. Through challenges, we took the bear and its pelt, and returned to Hlint.Johan was very happy. His gratitude was great, and he offered us the last things he would ever make, as well as a payment in True. But Khuren, in the sight of guards, us, and commonfolk - even children! -, turned into a bear himself, and slew Johan in cold blood, and then destroyed the pelt of the Golden Bear, making its death even more of a waste.

I am shamed that I could not prevent this, but I ask you to prevent this madelf from murdering again. He has said no other would stop him but the Druidic Council.

I fear for the lives of other furriers, hunters, and loggers who this elf would see as no better than
Johan, and mourn the death of an innocent man.

Bring this elf to justice.

------------------

High Druid of Mistone, a very important letter.

My name is Cutter, head of Clan Stonehelm, member of the Unified Clans under Varka Cleaveson and King Rory Rockfist. I write this sadly, about the black murder of Johan of Hlint.

Johan, a furrier, was responsible for many animal deaths. These animals' skins were used well, to even be art in his career. Hundreds of other furriers do the same every day.

Johan had a last request. He wanted the pelt of the Golden Bear, rare and born once a decade. With it, he would make his masterwork.

An elf named Khuren decided this should not happen.

The elf went to Raven of the Wolfswood Forest to tell him. Raven told him we should take the bear, because the other hunters would not leave if not. We took the bear, and went back to Hlint.

Johan was happy, and gave us his wares and True. But Khuren, in front of everyone - even children! - turned into a bear and killed him, and then destroyed the pelt, wasting its death.

I am sorry I could not stop him, but ask you to stop him from murdering again. He said noone other than the Druidic Council would.

I fear for the lives of many hunters, trappers, and loggers, and mourn an innocent man's death.

Bring this elf to justice.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: A Letter via Bird to the High Druid of Mistone
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:05:49 pm »
//Is there any response to this?

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 02:36:36 pm »
((//Dunno on that but FYI Rhiz is no longer the high druid of Mistone as the coming into Hierophant meant the leaving behind of all titles and so forth. I do not know if anyone has decided who took his place but it doesn't really matter in this case as it's to "someone." heh.\\\\))

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:49 pm »
//I knew Rhiz was Hierophant rather than High Druid of Mistone, just didn't know who had replaced them. I figure if a bird can locate a guy named "Pyyran" and still deliver him letters addressed to "Pyrran," then the bird can locate the High Druid.

Falonthas

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 03:51:25 pm »
legodia is high druid of mistone
freckled owl druid of wolfswood
bris is still high druid of tilmar
and rhiz is heirophant to us all
so in essence your letter would go to legodia

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:36:49 pm »
//reply pending

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 12:39:46 am »
//Hm, Freckled Owl? LORE says Raven, and I forgot the owl bit, so posted Raven. If it would've been Freckled Owl, it would've been Owl in the letter, rather than Raven. Whoops. EdTheKet: Awesome.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 01:30:02 am »
// LORE is unfortunately out of date on that particular point.  Raven took ill and eventually stepped down. Rhizome took over her role in addition to his others some time before he became the Heirophant.  Sorry for any confusion this might cause.

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 04:55:29 pm »
You speak of justice.
Yet what is justice? Is it wrong for one creature to kill another? And if so, who is going to be the judge of that? I will certainly not take place in the seat of judge, I will abide by the Balance.

Let me teach you something, Cutter, head of Clan Stonehelm, member of the Unified Clans under Varka Cleaveson and King Rory Rockfist. If you think your titles will impress me, or lend your statements any strength you are mistaken.
You, scion of a race known for its axes and chopping of forests to create great wounds in the earth. Take from it its riches, heat them and forge them into unnatural shapes using them for the further destruction of the Balance dare to send us a letter on bringing one of our own to what you call justice.

I think not.

It is the duty of each druid to care for, protect and nurture nature. It is also each druid's duty and responsibility to protect nature from needless exploitation and willful damage. Most druids have a certain freedom on how to  follow these duties as long as the Balance is maintained.

Legodia
*the last sentence seems to be very strongly written*

Falonthas

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 05:04:07 pm »
*sitting curled on the window sill of the jail in hempstead awaiting word for if he should await this trial or simply hop down  through the bars and attend his duty so neglected while locked in this stone room*