The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A question:  (Read 103 times)

Krug

A question:
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:07:12 am »
I was just browsing LORE when I realize some races must be _ or cannot be _ now I was just curious is that just a chracter creation and through rp and a cdq  could get an alignment change or can that character never be _.

Thanks,
    Krug

ycleption

Re: A question:
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:33:29 am »
Both.
It should say on LORE whether the limitation is on the race as a whole, or just on the submission.
My understanding (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), for instance, is that  a giant can be submitted as TN, could with a few cdqs change to NG although one can't be submitted as NG), but could never shift to LN, because half-giants must be non-lawful.
And, well, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of playing the race if you shift it to something that race isn't?

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: A question:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:19:13 pm »
Quote from: ycleption
And, well, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of playing the race if you shift it to something that race isn't?

While in some regards, I'd agree with you, there's always the possibility of character development that brings ANY character in a certain direction. Even the most despicable of Darkelves could shift to Lawful Good, and it's possible for even the free-spirited and downright unruly soul of a halfgiant to find order.

That said, it's highly unlikely, and would either make for a GREAT story, or a ridiculous "RP excuse." ('Cause face it: Who wouldn't want to play a half-giant monk?)