The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A question about crafting a staff...  (Read 288 times)

scifibarbie

Re: A question about crafting a staff...
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 05:10:30 pm »
If this helps, here is how my pc gathers feathers from birds. It kinda goes along hte same lines as gathering wood. Especially since i never knew about hte forage for wood bit until recently.

Since she hates senseless killing, she talks to them and asks for the feathers. They always say yes casue she is so sweet when she asks. :p

Then I chop em up. Since the game doesnt let you nick a feather or two from a birdie...No foraging for feathers.

I jsut RP the bird flies aways and will return when its ready.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 05:13:48 pm »
Um... I always thought the entire point of the the Oaths and Vows (and the Druidic equivalent) was to prevent a character from doing X, even if the physical act is RPed around.

Part of the drawbacks of the classes and all.

Falonthas

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 05:19:03 pm »
sometimes there just isnt a mechanical way around the actual chopping of the birdie

at least not until dorg makes one for us

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »
Then don't chop the birdie?

Kinda like... Aeridinites don't cast Slay Living?

Though there are more reasons for a druid to chop a birdie than an Aeridinite to cast Slay Living.

ycleption

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 05:23:19 pm »
Yeah, it's often hard to know what is and isn't acceptable for druid.... I often hop on IRC and wave my arms and say Hey! is it ok for me as a druid to do X?????
And then people go Hm.... yes! or Hmmm no!!

Sometimes there's a thin line, and sometimes things just aren't ok. You'll get a feel for it...

Falonthas

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 05:25:50 pm »
yep  and its not like you chop every bird

every stirge yes those bloody abominations

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 05:33:16 pm »
Actually, they're Magical Beasts, not (and I believe this is what you meant) Aberrations.

While the term "abomination" may well apply to many Aberrations, it is not, in fact, a type of creature in D&D.