The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Question about the Graceful Plea system  (Read 152 times)

gilshem ironstone

A Question about the Graceful Plea system
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:11:57 pm »
I am currently playing a gray elf who, by virtue of bioware mechanics cannot benefit from a the extra skill points a Gray Elf's intelligence bonus provides. Could I use a graceful plea to have my character edited to reflect his actual attributes? In this case it would involve amending attributes and re-leveling to distribute the extra-skillpoints.

I am wondering mostly if this is the spirit in which the system was intended. If so, I will file an appropriate request.

gilshem ironstone

Re: A Question about the Graceful Plea system
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:23:52 pm »
Pardon the mis-placement and thanks for
moving this post.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:30:21 pm »
Moved to the appropriate forum.

Aside from the question about whether such a change would be within the "spirit" of the GP system, I can tell you that it's not so much a bioware mechanic that causes what you experience, but instead the system we use to make subraces.

Essentially (and you may be aware), we apply "skins" which are something like magic items applied to a hidden item slot. This is how all subraces are created on Layo, and as such subraces are subject to all the bonuses and limitations that come with magical enhancements (such as not gaining extra skill points per level for a magically enhanced intelligence). You could consider this one of the drawbacks to balance the bonuses gained.

In other words, it's not a bug; the system is working how it's supposed to work. I play a tiefling who also gets a boost to his int via his subrace, and I also don't get the bonus skill points. Since it's not a bug, nor were you or your character subject to an unfair loss, a GP would not help you gain those extra skill points.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »
Very good.  I was hopeful as I was unaware of the mechanics until
I started playing and always thought that extra point per level would have been nice. Incidentally, I am not entirely convinced that gray elves and sun elves receive any extra bonuses that are balanced by the loss of a skill point. That is neither here nor there except the therapeutic value the comment has for me. Thanks for the clarification.

anything