The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A question to those skald out there  (Read 125 times)

Hellblazer

A question to those skald out there
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:12:13 am »
And those who knows the answer.

Does broken wail affect allies?

Makashi

Re: A question to those skald out there
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:16:09 am »
As far as I know it doesn't.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:46:46 am »
It shouldn't. I'll have to look at the code later. It's been almost 2.5 years since I've implemented it, but I think that it follows the same sort of rules as Curse Song in terms of targets.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:27:58 am »
thanks to you both.

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:08:46 pm »
It hasn't hurt the party since Dorg fixed the class and made it 5 levels instead of 10.

Before then... Farros found out the hard way that the class was broken.  He buffed himself up at the Red Light Goblins, poised to attack, sang a tune to himeself and charged into the fray, only to scare all of them and HIMSELF.  So he and this squad of 5 goblins were shrieking, running around the wastelands for their lives.  Best bug ever.  Glad I wasn't high enough level to find out if the insta-death wail was also broken!

In any case, only enemies or those set to hostile are affected.  Even blue neutral NPCs and people not in the party should be safe to the wail, and it should not aggrivate familiars or animal companions the way that darkness or other AEO spells tend to do.  We tested this in the arena to make sure once the class was fixed.  It cannot be blocked by any magical means as it is a morale effect.  Cuts right through shadowshield and death ward.  Luckily, the DC caps pretty quickly and at a low value, so its not all that unbalancing.  Skabot's a mage around Farros' level and he manages to save vs the effect more than half the time.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:09:48 pm »
DC:10 + skald level + cha mod

still can get pretty high depending on your cha stats, but yeah it shouldn`t be that unbalancing. I am happy that those with me wont die if I use it when I get it hehe.

*Wails and sees her spouse brothers, sisters, dad and mom, dead on the ground* err oups? *runs from the law*

:D

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 05:07:07 pm »
Oh yeah!  and dont use the skald abilities during Creature cards!  Farros was playing against warsinger and was fooling around making the deafening chants, and it area-of-effected the creatures on deck.  Then the whole match shut down and he got fined 100 gp per creature affected, up to like 800 true or so.

I could just imagine the play by play.  Here was Farros and the little gobbo playing cards in the hall, and they got so focused into it, they forgot the cardhall around them.  Farros, in a fit of defeat, made a deafening wail which dazed poor Warsinger.  The card hall owner stomps up furiously and grabs Farros by the scruff of his neck, about to beat him because outside the deck, all the poor little kids playing cards are shrieking, rubbing their eyes and cleaning their ears in horror...  ah man.

I think that's the world record for largest Creature Cards fine.  Gotta watch out where you scream when your voice is the demonic equivalent of a dying cat doing kareoke!

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:18 pm »
lmao ..

anything