The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ability Score  (Read 2055 times)

Dremora

Re: Ability Score
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 04:14:37 am »
Those are just examples but the basic point here is that wisdom doesn't require a scientific/mathematic/tactical mind.

Raz can be expected (i think) to come up with tricks and tactics on the fly, solve puzzles quickly, get through a maths equation quicker and probably figure out the nuances behind spellcraft faster if he were so inclined. Not saying that character would for all those things but I'd say those attributes if you like are representative of intelligence.

Same sort of idea here (not saying he is in all those regards but I think they come under wisdom): Aerimor however can probably be counted on seeing the subtler meanings behind intentions and motivations of others; see paths of action that may otherwise be obscured to more short-sighted or un-mindful types, understand the viewpoints of others and mediate between them (diplomacy), see outcomes of decisions that are most likely even before they arrive etc.

Not the best sum up but I think it gets the main idea across. Intelligence is more 'in the moment' and wisdom is abit more far-sighted. One is guided by a building block type methodology and the other is abit more free-flowing and creative. I think.

Aerimor

Re: Ability Score
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 03:26:34 pm »
@drakogear:  Meet them and find out.

anything