The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Adding Prestige Class  (Read 175 times)

ChrisP

Adding Prestige Class
« on: October 10, 2011, 06:18:51 pm »
Hello, I am a new player on Layonara.  Since I didn't know a lot about the world, I looked at the characters in the stable to get started.  I ended up finding a dwarf fighter that seemed to fit my idea of honor and character.  I figured that I would play him for a while and then resubmit my cleric that I started with, so I didn't give a lot of thought to the dwarf.  However, now that I have been playing him I have enjoyed him a lot and want to keep using him for a while.

That being said, I have realized that I would like to persue the Dwarven Defender prestige class.  Since I didn't think a lot about that in the beginning, I have nothing in his biography or any story related information to support that.  Since I know that you guys promote a roleplaying environment and like to have real character development, I was hoping that a gamemaster could give me some advice on the best way to go about persuing this path.  As of now, he is currently 5th level and there is no way that I can complete the prestige class prerequisites until 8th level.  So, I have some time to work this out.  I just don't know the best steps to take development or CDQ wise to get there.  

Could somebody please guide me?

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, davidhoff

Lance Stargazer

Re: Adding Prestige Class
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:31:43 pm »
[LORE]PrestigeClassSubmissionRequirements[/LORE]

Hi there chris

You migth like to give a look to the lino provided up , it migth show the Prestige clases available on layonara and the reqyueriments for it

Desavén defender id a complex class Which gives You a lot of development chances for your character. The fisrst Step is to start a character development thread with your char thougths and how he sees things guiding him to the dwarven way of life

If You Have more Questions or counts on terms and process Dont be affraid of Asking on this thread

RollinsCat

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:40:08 pm »
As well, seek out other dwarven defenders for some instruction to put in your character thread - might I suggest Argali Trueaxe, a lovely specimen of the class.

Also, she's tougher than a mithril golem, not kidding.

edit: apologies, not a gamemaster.  it just popped into my head.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:23 am »
Tradition dictates that dwarven defenders do in fact need sponsors from within a dwarven community, so seeking out other dwarven defender PCs is an excellent idea, though not necessary. CDQs will be required to pursue that particular PrC, as the guidelines toward which Stargazer directed you explains.