The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: air and water elemental questions  (Read 136 times)

jrizz

air and water elemental questions
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:39:37 pm »
These are in a RP sense:

1. Can a air elemental fly? If so how much could it carry and still fly? if not can it glide across water? and if so how much can it carry and do so? How can it pull (say a small boat or raft)?

3. How much control of water can a water elemental have when it is in the water? Can it glide across water? and if so how much could it carry? How can it pull (say a small boat or raft)?

I would think these can be looked at in terms of summons and shape change.

LordCove

Re: air and water elemental questions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:35:52 pm »
As I understood it... and Im certainly not 100%

A Water elemental can "hover"... it maintains too much of a physical form to "fly". If confronted with say a cliff... it could step off and "float" down... but it couldnt "fly" across.
I'd guess it could carry very little.. and probably couldnt pull something like a raft. Being made of air and light as air... it would probably be unable to keep hold of things.. having the ghostly " things may pass through it" effect.

Same effect for the Water Elemental.

But I'd wait for wiser minds than mine to confirm or deny this.  ;)

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:18:33 pm »
Quote from: jrizz
These are in a RP sense:

1. Can a air elemental fly? If so how much could it carry and still fly? if not can it glide across water? and if so how much can it carry and do so? How can it pull (say a small boat or raft)?

I remember that on a quest run by mix, the air elemantal of Muireann flew high in the air to actually change the clouds formation, or something like that.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:08:02 pm »
As this simply cannot come up in a normal IC/IG situation that is not a quest or other GM-managed event, the best answer I can give is to ask the presiding GM if what you want to do is possible.  Each circumstance is going to be different, and it would depend on conditions, the level of the polymorphed/shapechanged/wildshaped PC and so forth.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 03:28:21 am »
And what's question #2? :)