The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Amazing  (Read 215 times)

Link092

Amazing
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:57 pm »
I have been reading through this stuff on the forum, and It's absolutely amazing. i never imagined this for a NWN mod. My question is where did you guys get the time to develop this? just the sheer detail and intricate structure is gorgeous. I would have never imagined this to be possible.

EdTheKet

Re: Amazing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 04:56:37 am »
Thanks for the compliments!

And as answer to your question, when you enjoy doing something, you tend to make time :)

Pseudonym

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:01:35 am »
Ed is, of course, speaking for himself. I do my bit for the cash, women and the glory.

Link092

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:59:44 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
Ed is, of course, speaking for himself. I do my bit for the cash, women and the glory.

Right now I'm laughing really hard...

but are you entirly revamping some of the code? or is it just extensions and add-ons to the original engine? (I wanted to get into this kind of stuff, but never found the time to learn...)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:26:52 am »
Right now what you see in the [LORE]GameSystems[/LORE] page on LORE are add-ons to the NWN game engine.

What you see here are the beginnings of an entirely new Layo, from game engine to creatures. NWN just doesn't have what it takes to grow Layo, so we are moving to a new platform, and creating the game ourselves.

Link092

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 09:31:11 am »
Ya, the game systems were amazing, I read through them, and have a basic grasp of the concept, and I will probably learn more about them as I participate.