The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Amethyst Supply to Lower Levels  (Read 478 times)

Charm2009

Amethyst Supply to Lower Levels
« on: February 11, 2015, 04:49:53 am »
Not looking for specific locations, but since Haven Mines are closed, is there a location for amethyst available to lower level PCs? Just thinking about the supply of higher level minerals compared to the lower level minerals (ie. easier and more acessible--alexandrite, topaz). Thanks!

Rowana

There is!~row
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:37:28 am »

There is!

~row

Charm2009

Thanks...TO THE HUNT! :)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:32:29 am »

Thanks...TO THE HUNT! :)

Rowana

I stand corrected. I'm told
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:17:38 am »

I stand corrected. I'm told the place I was thinking of is a bit higher than the requested range. As far as I know whatever replaces Haven Mines should be dealing with this when it's finished, though that could change too so I'm not 100% sure yet. There is a place slightly higher than your requested level range, however. Very sorry about that!

~row

Dorganath

So we're all speaking the
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 10:22:00 am »

So we're all speaking the same language, what level range did you have in mind for your question, specifically?

Charm2009

Dorganath wrote:So we're all
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:18:00 pm »

Quote from: "Dorganath"&cid="2756575"

So we're all speaking the same language, what level range did you have in mind for your question, specifically?

I know of two places, one very deadly for most, the other was...darn it, I gave it away...Haven Mines. Lower level I would range from 15-ish and below.

Dorganath

Charm2009 wrote:I know of two
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 12:00:38 am »

Quote from: "Charm2009"&cid="2756579"

I know of two places, one very deadly for most, the other was...darn it, I gave it away...Haven Mines. Lower level I would range from 15-ish and below.

Ha! Well we weren't quite speaking the same language. I consider "lower level" to be somewhat below 15th.

So the place that Rowana was thinking of is currently right on the cusp of that.  Having said that, part of it should be within that range...should have been within that range, but when I went to populate them with creatures, I somehow forgot my design goals and got a little happy with copy/paste. 

Anyway, it's being adjusted for the next release (which is something I was doing anyway) to be a more appropriate challenge for a party of 10-15 level characters....to a point.  Fair warning, said adjustments will only apply to a small portion of the overall set of areas. Go too far and that party will get squished.

And also, you still need to find how to get there. *winks* It may be the other place you're thinking of, and there may be more than one way to get there. Look around!

Charm2009

Dorganath wrote:Charm2009
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 05:43:47 am »

Quote from: "Dorganath"&cid="2756582"

Quote from: "Charm2009"&cid="2756579"

Ha! Well we weren't quite speaking the same language. I consider "lower level" to be somewhat below 15th.

So the place that Rowana was thinking of is currently right on the cusp of that.  Having said that, part of it should be within that range...should have been within that range, but when I went to populate them with creatures, I somehow forgot my design goals and got a little happy with copy/paste. 

Anyway, it's being adjusted for the next release (which is something I was doing anyway) to be a more appropriate challenge for a party of 10-15 level characters....to a point.  Fair warning, said adjustments will only apply to a small portion of the overall set of areas. Go too far and that party will get squished.

And also, you still need to find how to get there. *winks* It may be the other place you're thinking of, and there may be more than one way to get there. Look around!

Umm, yeah, well, you see, I found the "how to get there" (complete luck and after roaming whole continents looking for it) and did the normal double-click. Learned my mistake pretty quick when something wasn't there that I thought should have been which lead me to reading the handy-dandy yellow text that pops up. I did get the first amethyst though. I saw the second...sort of went dark after that.

On the bright side, THREE minerals! :)

Dorganath

Congrats!The next update
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 01:46:20 pm »

Congrats!

The next update should make it a little more manageable...well, depending on which way you went down...and which path you take to get back up.