The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: any mercenaries out there?  (Read 275 times)

silverblades

any mercenaries out there?
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:21:46 pm »
Im trying to create a new character that ties in with some known mercenaries currently operating in Layonara Ive done some research on Lore but didnt find anything if its there could you direct me.

he will be a fighter type initially, dont know if this matters but will go into mage later, and perhaps PM later on.

I will be posting him as having chaotic-neutral alignment which will mostly be written in here any suggestions other than the basic definitions of chaotic neutral?

as a side note, is there any posibilitles of having a skeletal rat as a familar or pet or will this have to be RP'd?
There can be only One.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: any mercenaries out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:17 pm »
I actually got a great Idea for you, Silver...  Its for a PC Related to mine, Shiff...  a sort of "long lost son" so to speak...  Pretty open as far as what youd wanna do with him too, save for some connecting details.  Lemme know if you're interested  :)

silverblades

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:25 pm »
Ive half written a bio and his parentage is unknown so im interested. Id like to keep a somewhat evil flair about him but nothing too bad, just some ties to some bad mercs is all to create expand his training in fighter and chaotic nature.
There can be only One.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:53:20 pm »
Well we should talk on IRC if you can...  Easier then here...

silverblades

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:46:47 pm »
ok are there any gamemasters out there to answer this question?
There can be only One.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »
your best bet is to make up your own, to be honest

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 12:34:35 am »
In all honesty, sellswords are pretty much a dime a dozen.  Given the rapid expansion that's resulted since the Dark Ages ended, most mercenaries are employed.  Those who aren't, for whatever reason (as any person venturing outside Fort Vehl can tell you) have turned to banditry.

There are very few organized mercenary groups, for the simple reason that they make rulers nervous.  Once a group gets beyond a certain level, it goes from "organized mercenary group" to "rogue army".  At that point, rulers tend to see to it that any organization ceases.  Or they hire them.  One or the other.  Either way, it means that short of starting your own mercenary organization, you're not going to find any official groups out there.

(This doesn't discount joining a ragtag group of mercenaries on a CDQ or some similar excursion, but outside of that, you'll have to form your own.)

silverblades

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 01:24:58 am »
Ok ok known bandits then, given his alignment I think that would be more appropriate Something that I can write into his Bio that fits into current events. I just need peoples names and places that sort of thing.
There can be only One.

anything