The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ask the Loremaster: Toran  (Read 1214 times)

Link092

Re: Ask the Loremaster: Toran
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 06:12:18 pm »
Quote from: EdTheKet
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic!

sorry. :(

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 10:29:18 pm »
Thank you Ed.

This covers most of the doubts I had when i sent you the PM, i like the restructuration and really enjoy that mantras, I like the way it reflects compasion and good more .

A myriad of thank yous

Shadowblade225

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 08:13:11 pm »
Thank you for doing this Ed! I'll definitely look forward to reading the handout once it's out :)

superdoofus

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 08:49:59 pm »
Quote from: Alatriel
hey now, we were always compassionate, but at least now it says very plainly:  Seek out the servants of evil and rid the world of them.  No more of this namby pamby pseudo az'atta!  woo hoo!  Compassion is one thing but if you're a servant of evil you better beware!  Evil:  meet Temperance!

What if we're true neutral.  Will toran still leave us alone.  :rolleyes: Those Toranites really bug me.  Kill this.  Kill that.  Justice Justice Justice Blah Blah Blah.  :mad:

superdoofus

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 08:53:58 pm »
An elf an elf.  Don't you ever kill one that happens to be dark.  >:/
Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Castor Kill you.  He kill you. (even at level 8) He kill you  D8

Alatriel

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 10:39:04 pm »
Umm... Superdoofus... weren't you submitting a Toranite?  Perhaps you should tone it down a bit, and stick to the topic at hand...

superdoofus

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 03:13:03 pm »
That wasn't me that was castor going off on one of his rants again.  ;)

AGAIN!

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 03:39:03 pm »
Well . yes that is understood, but this thread is to discuss the changes and the description of the Dogma, And I think we are already too much off topic here.

Let's try to retake it, please.

I think the dark elf issue has been discussed in other threads and well, obviously this is not the place to do it.

superdoofus

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 04:08:29 pm »
KK.  Uhhh.  *looks at other threads* ooh I can argue with altariel here!

EdTheKet

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 07:50:53 am »
Due to popular demand:
LORE: Conducts of Virtue
and LORE: Quartos Toranis

Also clarified that Loran Kor is the Auscultare.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 08:56:46 am »
I can only quote Alatriel on this

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Loved the  Conducts of Virtue. They really make sense over the Toranism I've tried to play...  

Thank you.. thank you... Thank you again.

Alatriel

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 09:59:41 am »
Hey Ed... is this right?  

Empathy
"Those who follow the Great Leader must try to see the world through the eyes of those they help."

Empathy is perhaps the most important conduct. Those who can help should always try to do so. However, understand the situation. Understand the person.
Do not assume that Toran in his goodness is always right. Every person is unique in the eyes of the Great Leader and every life has been lived differently.
What is right for you may not be right for another. If you wish to help, ask what you can do, do not assume to barge in and start doing. This conduct ties closely to the fourth conduct, humility.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 11:23:02 am »
Yeah, that bolded text really doesn't fit, in my opinion, and has little to do with empathy in any way at all.

Take out, "Do not assume that Toran in his goodness is always right," and the rest of the passage still stands perfectly on it's own. Perhaps a better way to word it might be, "Do not assume that your own interpretation of Toran's will is always the correct interpretation."

Another bit that might be added could be, "Understanding the feelings of others grants you insight into their motivations that simply knowing the facts of a situation may not bring to light."

EdTheKet

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 02:10:59 pm »
Hey Ed... is this right?  

Empathy
"Those who follow the Great Leader must try to see the world through the eyes of those they help."

Empathy is perhaps the most important conduct. Those who can help should always try to do so. However, understand the situation. Understand the person.
Do not assume that Toran in his goodness is always right. Every person is unique in the eyes of the Great Leader and every life has been lived differently.
What is right for you may not be right for another. If you wish to help, ask what you can do, do not assume to barge in and start doing. This conduct ties closely to the fourth conduct, humility.

Good point, I'll have a look.

EdTheKet

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:35 am »
I've deleted the sentence in question, thanks.

EdTheKet

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 06:57:10 am »
LORE: Toran's Temples has been posted.

Alatriel

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 07:35:01 pm »
Order of the Longsword:

Order of the Longsword:
Many paladins do not enter one of the sects, serving instead the larger Order of the Longsword. The second order to exist in the church, they have a history of codes and ethics that go back centuries. They focus on aiding and protecting others and travel the continents of Layonara. The Order is led by the Blade of Toran, but there currently has not been one since the defense of Prantz. Ava Merinday has led the order as lieutenant elect in the mean time.

Does this mean that all paladin pc's serve in the Order of the Longsword unless otherwise designated, or do you need to have a cdq in order to join the Order?

Seeking clarification to avoid misrepresentation.  Thanks!

~E

EdTheKet

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 05:19:04 am »
Order of the Longsword:

Does this mean that all paladin pc's serve in the Order of the Longsword unless otherwise designated, or do you need to have a cdq in order to join the Order?

Seeking clarification to avoid misrepresentation.  Thanks!

~E
I can confirm that all paladins serve in the Order of the Longsword unless otherwise designated.

EdTheKet

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 02:50:47 pm »
With all the Toran-ness going on milty skipped a few and fastforwarded to LORE: Toran which is now up with all his subpages.

Including a drawing of Toran on the main page :)

Prayers and Constellation will follow.

Enjoy!

Alatriel

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 03:52:01 pm »
Just noted on here... and was confirmed, so we all will notice and quit using it:  All Watching is not an alias of Toran.  so... we can all stop being confused between the All Watching and the All Seeing.

:D

anything