The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Barbarian Greater Rage and Sonic Damage  (Read 109 times)

Chazzler

Barbarian Greater Rage and Sonic Damage
« on: October 14, 2009, 06:20:47 am »
Just curious, since this did not show up (at least to my eyes) on LORE, that the barbarian class gets a static 1-4 sonic damage to attacks when in greater rage. So should this be so?

The barbarian I am speaking of is level 20, and with a base STR score of 17, a base DEX score of 14, a base CON score of 22. He is also a plain old dwarf.

The damage I am speaking of is a static 1, or 2 or 3 or 4 for during the rage,
Not 1d4. Pretty nifty I must say.

Just wanted to ask if this should be so and if the LORE page of Greater Rage should be updated. :)

Thanks.

s0ulz

Re: Barbarian Greater Rage and Sonic Damage
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:01:11 am »
This indeed should be so and is an oversight on LORE.

This feat was changed in v3.2 of Layonara to work as described below:

Greater Rage

Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Barbarian.

Specifics: The barbarian may rage, gaining a +4 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and +2 to all Will saving throws, in exchange for a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The barbarian may use this ability once per day at first level, +1 use per day at level 4, and every 4 levels thereafter, extending into epic levels.

At 15th level, the rage ability becomes greater rage, giving the barbarian +6 to Strength and Consitution, 1d4 Sonic damage on all attacks and +3 to Will saves (the -2 penalty to Armor Class still applies).

Each Rage lasts as long as your Barbarian + Bear Warrior + Battle Rager levels in Rounds.

Whether orth meant the damage to be 1d4 damage per Rage per round or just per round, is for him to comment on.

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Barbarian Greater Rage and Sonic Damage
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:45:13 am »
Added to the tasks for the LORE team.