The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bard Song  (Read 339 times)

Masterjack

Bard Song
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:04:06 pm »
I'm looking at the chart of what increases Bard song gives, depending on what level in bard and perform skill you have. How does one get above 43 perform, or even get to 100? Will taking skill focus and epic skill focus help improve you Bard song ability?

Pibemanden

Re: Bard Song
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:09:06 pm »
I think perform works like spellcraft it is all the ranks you have while using the song that counts not base ranks as it is with tumble and AC.

Skywatcher

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 01:14:10 pm »
I think it comes from equipment so you have to have some pretty fancy instruments and a fancy outfit and maybe jewelry and such.

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:16:10 pm »
For Fourty Three Perform, you will attain this around level twenty five. For one hundred perform, you will never come close to attaining this. On the other hand, no one else will ever come close to one hundred.

That said, you will need to invest heavily in equipment to raise your perform. A word of warning, this will somewhat cripple everything else you could be doing. That goes for the following three feets: Artist, Skill Focus Perform, Epic Skill Focus Perform. They will help but not very much, except the epic focus.
It also applies to the equipment, the instraments are more then moderatly weak and come with a major drawback. When you unequip them you lose the spells you could gain from them. Meaning if you equip an instrament at six spells you will still have six spells, unequiping it will drop you by one to three spells of that level. Beyond instraments theirs only one craftable item I ever encountered.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:35:05 pm »
There are various boots and gloves that give nice bonuses to perform as well as some clothing (robes, belts, etc.) I know of, also your charisma modifier adds to perform.  There are a variety of instruments to choose from as well that have varying bonuses (and level requirements) based upon the quality of the materials and workmanship required to make.  As Ozy stated above though unequiping an instrument that provides bonus spells always removes that number of spells and you must rest with the instument equiped in order to gain the spells.

Chongo

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 06:59:26 pm »
I think you can get over 100 on Layonara, though that would include all the feats, a very high charisma modifier (+20ish) and... would require a lot of perform skill bonus equipment, including some epic bracers.

You figure 43 base at level 40.  Then a base bonus +15 (is artist +2 or +3?) through feats, then you are capped at +50 skill bonus points, which includes the charisma modifier.  So, assuming your character had a modified 40 charisma, you would have 43+15+15 = 73.  With boots, epic bracers, a perform bonus instrument, and maybe some other ones only the epic bards may know of... that's another +25ish?  So a little under 100 with all the epic equipment?  I'm just guessing here, again... it's a guess...and as Ozy said... that'd be one focused performer right there, probably a tad bit underpowered in just about everything else.  Though If anyone ever performs for 100 in front of a character of mine... consider me under the domination spell for all eternity.  

Epic Bard Spell: Summon Dwarven Groupie.

I had a question for you Ozy.... does the Layo bardsong go up to +7 dodge?  I know I've been on servers where it does, no clue if that's default or not.

Ozy_Llewellyn

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 07:12:39 pm »
I'm almost certain it does not. My own caps at +5 though I think the level 27 song is +6. Your math on the bardsong is also on the dot, and the bonus your going to get from equipment is also right. Although you will be working without a weapon, off hand, belt and bracers to do so.

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 07:38:22 pm »
I think Farros can hit 42ish perform at lvl 17 with a bardsong already up for the skill bonus, his mahogany guitar, two +2 rings of charisma, exceptional tiger belt, blue suede shoes and an eagle's splendor spell up.   And Lyle Underoot and he squared off, pretty close to eachother's level, and he blew me out of the water by at least 15 points.  The gear really really helps, and hunting down the ingredients, crafters and merchants for them is the toughest part, right next to saving up for all of it.

Masterjack

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 09:39:41 pm »
Quote from: Chongo
 Though If anyone ever performs for 100 in front of a character of mine... consider me under the domination spell for all eternity.  

Epic Bard Spell: Summon Dwarven Groupie.

Oh, I laughed so hard at that.

anything