The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Brewing Question?  (Read 109 times)

Krug

Brewing Question?
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:17:35 am »
I know while crafting I.E. weapon crafting, you first start off with copper cause its the easiest to work with, then next you move to iron, and so on and so forth. Is this same concept held for brewing and cooking? Is one meal or mead easier make then the others, and there for a brewer/cook so begin with that and then work thier ways to harder recipes?

Also if there is and there it isnt to much trouble could some one give me a link or a list of the difficulty level of recipes

THanks
Krug

Pibemanden

Re: Brewing Question?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:23:17 am »
Well I believe the most common route here are:

Roasting-malting corn or making sugar -> Making ales and juice -> Making roasts and bread -> making pies

One could also make scrolls and/or sandpaper where the progression is easier to figure out

Hickory -> Oak -> mahogany -> yew -> greater scribing parchament

Lalaith Va'lash

Re: Brewing Question?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:28:47 am »
Burning.. I mean.. roasting a lot of barley, corn, ect is a way to start, definitely.

Also probably pressing berries into juice isn't too difficult either, and there are some juices used in various brews.

Then its turning stuff into wort for brews, and there is a difference in difficulty in different drinks.. But.. I'm not sure if thats listed any place.

As far as I know roasting corn, barley, wheat, ect. is all the same though.