The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bugged T-Map?  (Read 459 times)

Odranoela

Bugged T-Map?
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:06:09 am »
Hello.
I've found a treasure map entitled "Map to a Dungeon of Alindor" or something like that. With a real strong party, we ventured in all Alindor dungeons and the map worked on none of them.
Now, the only dungeon left is the one beyond the Bloody Gate [ if I remember correctly ] as I have heard from Clarissa [ she was with us looking for the map ] but that can't be it [ can it? ]
We have tried all floors from all dungeons, including the one with seven levels [ Tower near the river ] So i'm really lost here. Suggestions, opinions, answers?
Thanks in advance.

Falonthas

Re: Bugged T-Map?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:44:15 am »
maybe it was mislabeled

Odranoela

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:23:41 pm »
That could be it, but I would be preety angry!!!

Lino found this map, on a body placeable [lootable humanoid corpse], 1 area before the West server Desert [ Area with the gnolls ]. The body had a Corath Cloak and this map on it.

Weeblie

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:23:50 pm »
Maybe the server restarted...?

I'm not sure if maps survive a server restart or not...

Odranoela

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:25:19 pm »
Well the server has certainly restarted more than once since i found that map, but at the time we searched the treasure, the server was still running. I found it, and a couple of hours MAX later we were looking for it.

AeonBlues

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 03:43:56 pm »
From the original documentation I read about treasure maps, the chests do not survive a server restart.

AeonBlues

Skywatcher

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 04:40:41 pm »
I can verify that we went into every hole on Alindor that didn't require us to pass Bloody gate.  Maybe the GM that placed the map in the first place could identify the place that we would have needed to go and we could go back there and finish the quest out.  I am just so curious what would have shown up in the chest.  Thanks.

Odranoela

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 05:41:21 pm »
Ditto, Skywatcher.

minerva

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 05:47:35 pm »
If the owner of the map will buzz me I will take it and confirm the local of said treasure and if it is bugged or not. As long as the orginal map survives, has not been oxed or such, the location of the treasure chest is tagged to the map and should be persistant after a restart.

Edit - BTW did you think I'd make it easy to find?

anything