The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Locations  (Read 184 times)

jdenno2

• View Profile
    Locations
    « on: November 09, 2008, 01:49:41 pm »
    I'm in the process of creating a new character and need some information:

Where would a purist elvin city be located?

Where is a human town that has a forest near by?

Thanks!

Hellblazer

Re: Locations
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 02:22:06 pm »
    hlint has a forest nearby

a purist elven city would be Arnax

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 02:26:40 pm »
    Quote from: Hellblazer
    a purist elven city would be Arnax

No, no, no, no, no, no! Arnax is covered in pitspawn and even less wholesome creatures!

Even the cities on Voltrex (particularly the coastal ones) are less and less isolationist, but perhaps Thoriadian, near the eastern cost (on the southern half of the continent), would suit your needs as a "purist" elven city.

No human settlements nearby, though. None. Period. Elves only. :)

ycleption

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 02:32:03 pm »
    Err... [lore]Arnax[/lore] has fairly few elves... so far as I know, places on the continent of [lore]Voltrex[/lore] like [lore]Sadinia[/lore] would be the only places where only elves can be found.

Keep in mind that your character will start on [lore]Mistone[/lore], so if your character grows up elsewhere, you will need a reason to have come to Mistone.

edit: if it hadn't taken me so long to put in those [lore] tags, Stephen wouldn't have beat me :-P

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 02:46:05 pm »
    I went back to edit in LORE tags, myself, but after a quick gander at the limited content on the pages, I didn't think they'd be terribly helpful... Particularly considering the outdated nature of some of that information.

Really looking forward to the release of the handbook information, so it can go into LORE.

Also, did you mean [lore]Sadinia[/lore]?

twidget658

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 03:52:57 pm »
    Haven and Krandor are also good towns that have forest nearby, these are both located on Mistone (map linked).

And as stated above, no humans or any other race for that matter other than elves, inhabit Voltrex.

jdenno2

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 03:59:00 pm »
      Thanks guys,
      This should add some good detail to my bio.

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 03:40:18 pm »
      Quote from: ycleption
      Err... [lore]Arnax[/lore] has fairly few elves... so far as I know, places on the continent of [lore]Voltrex[/lore] like [lore]Sadinia[/lore] would be the only places where only elves can be found.

Keep in mind that your character will start on [lore]Mistone[/lore], so if your character grows up elsewhere, you will need a reason to have come to Mistone.

edit: if it hadn't taken me so long to put in those [lore] tags, Stephen wouldn't have beat me :-P

oops eh your right chosed the wrong name, thanks.

minerva

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 11:08:48 pm »
      Faroth in the Wolfswood forest  of Alindor is a elven city with little outside influence. It's not in the handbook yet.

anything