The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Citizen Of Lor  (Read 307 times)

Script Wrecked

Citizen Of Lor
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:53:38 am »
Given that there is no player accommodation in Lor (or in any other non-resideable town/city), how would a character become a resident (of said town/city)?

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Masterjack, Alatriel

Script Wrecked

Re: Citizen Of Lor
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:11:17 am »
Now that the Christmas pudding has had a chance to go down, any thoughts on this? :)

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:32:29 am »
I'd be interested too because Aerimor and Alatriel live outside of Port Hempstead, but in the farms... so in theory they should still be residents of PH, right?

Carillon

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:55 pm »
I don't have a quick answer on this one, but just to keep the discussion flowing ... what exactly are we talking about here when we say "resident"? Mechanically, we have allowed purchased houses to be reattached to certain doors in the past for a price, though we have always looked carefully at the new placement when considering the request. Indeed, this was how Aerimor and Alatriel came to inhabit their farmhouse in the Port Hempstead fields. Is that what you mean? Or are you speaking of some other kind of residency or citizenship?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:47:45 pm »
As part of the situation in the Kingdom of Rael and Lor, I would like my character to live in Lor, thus establishing her as a bona fide resident/citizen of Lor. This would enable her to take up the issues of Lor as a Lorian/Lorite, and not as an outsider. It will also enable to participate in the electoral process.

From a player point of view, having a character reside somewhere usually means having an in-game house (player housing) there. Whether this is actually required is part of my question.

I want some way of saying, "she lives in Lor" (and that to be irrefutable by anyone).

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 03:27:21 am »
Nice question and good rationale too.
What we cannot accomodate is that we're going to create player houses in any town that a player wants to live in. The module is packed after all and if we would do it for this case, we'd have to do it for future cases as well.

So we'll have to think and talk about how we can arrange this. You can't really be a proper resident of any town unless you live there after all.

Could be that we'll charge you for building a house. Could be we'll allow residency-certificates for purchase. Could be Lor you rent something without in-game representation.

In any case, if I understand it correctly, you're not so much concerned with having an actual house in Lor, but about being a Lorian/Lorite.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 05:47:10 am »
Quote from: EdTheKet
In any case, if I understand it correctly, you're not so much concerned with having an actual house in Lor, but about being a Lorian/Lorite.

Exactly. :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:52:39 pm »
Question here, that could simplify things maybe? Since Lor and castle mask falls under the deity of Lor. Wouldn't any one living in castle mask be citizen of Lor and have the right of vote and stuff? SO by simply buying or living in castle mask (permanent residency through rented rooms or such), they would become citizen after a time?

Acacea

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 09:30:28 am »
The two are pretty far away from one another...

akata

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 02:51:48 pm »
Quote from: Acacea
The two are pretty far away from one another...

But since Castle Mask is governed by the diet of Lor and the mayors, and both positions are granted through an open election by every citizen of Lor.
Then it would make more sense if they were at the very least allowed the right to vote, hehe why else should they allow themselves to be governed by them if they had no influence on the who gets to sit in the hot chair?

EdTheKet

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »
Allrightie.

Castle Mask's civilian oversight is indeed the Diet of Lor. One of the Diet members, in this case Diet Lars Coldbanks, is the liaison between Lor and the castle.

Quote from: forthcoming information
   Lars Coldbanks comes from a third-generation Lor family that originated high in the Hammerbound Peaks.  He is a cold, practical man who runs a number of large farms around Golden as well as two markets in Lor.  He has lived in Lor his entire life, and his history as an efficient but humorless man with a long distaste for mages is well known to the locals.  He apprenticed under his father, married well, has several children he expects a lot of, and is very insistent that magic is a threat to the common man.  He favors Lord Rael’s rule for that reason alone.

So, living in Castle Mask will give you the right to vote for the Diet elections.

Thanks for raising that, it had slipped my mind.

anything