The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: cloak visually is on, but not equipped?  (Read 381 times)

davidhoff

cloak visually is on, but not equipped?
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:10:33 pm »
Hello,

I recently acquired "Riam's Cloak of Reflex" from a Gloomwood quest.  There is some kind of bug...because if I have the cloak not equipped (in a bag say), and then I equip my helmet of armor I, then the game will make it look like I equipped my cloak also, but it's not equipped...it's a visual error.  I can remove the visual effect by equiping the cloak and unequipping it.

Is there a fix to this or just something I have to deal with?

thx

twidget658

Re: cloak visually is on, but not equipped?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:58 pm »
This greatly depends on what else you are doing when you unequip. Sometimes when you equip/unequip a number of items quickly or performing some other action, the visual does not necessarily clear. Also, just because you see it equipped does not mean that other people sees it as being equipped.

Something you have to live with? Believe so.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:29:52 pm »
The fix I have found would be to use the customization loom and change the design of the armor/helmet. And then go back to the design you had. But that wont stop it from happening again in the future when there is heavy lag and you equip a lot of things at the same time.

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:09:04 pm »
this happens to Daniella all the time, also with an odd sort of blending between her cothes and armor.  the shoulders always seem to appear on the clothes, and the cloak remains on regardless of whether it is equipped or not.  Changing the styles never helped her either.  I eventually gave up on the Toranite style of cloak because it was tricky when goign around prantz.  if the symbol is not on the cloak it doesn't matter if it is equipped or not.

Lord Dark

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 10:18:04 pm »
Happens when you have it in the quickslots and switch quickly, just re-equip/unequip it or push the quickslot button twice more could fix it.

Alatriel

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:18:42 am »
yup, the only way I can seem to get the melded clothign fixed is to put her robes on (an actual robe) and then switch back.  the cloak is not quickslotted, and also stays on if I take it off to adjust clothing.  I haven't tried with her new cloak though, so it may just be the Riam's cloak of reflex.

davidhoff

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:01:05 pm »
Thanks for all the input guys and girls...I will try some of the suggestions.  It may not be as big a problem as I thought, in that, I think I'll just leave the cloak on for now *smiles*.

anything