The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: C/P from word  (Read 132 times)

ystrday

C/P from word
« on: October 31, 2008, 02:16:21 am »
Okay, I must be doing something wrong.. I am trying to submit a new character. I wrote my characthers bio using word, but it will not let me copy/paste the bio, the only thing that comes across is what you see now, just a few words from the first sentence.

Any ideas why its doing that? How I can work around that? or do I have to do it the old fashion way and retype the bio here and not c/p it from somewhere else.

And not sure how I got two threads for the same character.

LordCove

Re: C/P from word
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:21:20 am »
Same problem myself, but try the below (( if it makes any sense )).
Taken from the advice I got from a previous post that got cut off.

but you should be able to post into Notepad, which will remove the additional character formatting, or you can even use notepad++ and switch the encoding back and forth (utf-8 > ansi iso > utf-8 etc) That way you can edit in word, paste to notepad, and then paste here.

One Character thread deleted also.

ystrday

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 02:35:37 am »
Thanks, but I broke down and did it the old fashion way and retyped it.. *mutters good thing I am a good typist*

twidget658

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 02:40:30 am »
I use the text cleaner at Text Cleaner for Layonara

It has saved me many frustrations.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:14:35 am »
The problem is with the "smart quotes" that Word automatically substitutes for ' and " depending on their placement in the text.  The forums don't handle them well at all, which results in the truncation of posts pasted straight out of Word.

The techniques above are suitable workarounds.

anything