The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Does Displacement cancel Improved Invisibility?  (Read 412 times)

davidhoff

Does Displacement cancel Improved Invisibility?
« on: January 31, 2009, 05:31:07 pm »
Hello,

Does anyone know if you cast displacement on yourself after you have already casted improved invisibility what the result is?  In otherwords, will I get the 50% concealment for the duration of the Displacement Spell, and then switch to 30% from Imp. Inv. after the Displacement wears off?

Or, does the Displacement cancel out the Imp. Inv. concealment, so I only get the 50% for the duration of the Displacement Spell?

I tried to test it out in game, but can't really seem to tell what's happening.

Thank you for any replies...

Pibemanden

Re: Does Displacement cancel Improved Invisibility?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:32:03 pm »
Concealment doesn't stack, highest mod applies... Which also means that you should keep the 30% bonus after displace wears off

davidhoff

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:34:34 pm »
Right I know they don't stack, but will I still get the 30% from Imp. Inv. after the Displacement Spell wears off?

davidhoff

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:36:27 pm »
Great...thanks for the quick reply

Pibemanden

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:45:11 pm »
My argument for this really relies on two higher level spells though, but when you have shadowshield on and go into premonition(which is 75% conceal for a short while) then you still have 50% conceal after the premonition has worn off

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 07:38:40 pm »
Excellent...your example helps...I'll keep trying it and look forward to when Tralek gets shadow shield and premonition

anything