The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Donations List  (Read 371 times)

Interia_Discordius

Donations List
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:51 pm »
I made a whole donations list thingy into the Shadonite forums, but I'm curious, am I wasting my time? I don't want to keep track by exact detail on what is donated and how much made what if I don't need to, so I'm just asking.

In the meantime, another question, do these donations do more than just make you look nicer on the Temple Donations part of the forums?

Interia_Discordius

Re: Donations List
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:57:56 pm »
No opinions on this? :(

D Blaze

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:52:09 pm »
Well, for starters, I am certain the DMs have access to a spreadsheet for each character, and obviously deity as well.

Details like top-ten donaters overall, top-ten donaters per deity, the donation amounts that a certain character has made to all deities, how many items donated, and of course, the total gold ranking of the deities that everyone can see on the donations page. DMs have it all already.

As for the exact list of items, I do not know..

And for what purpose all that money will do, come up with some ideas/projects/events that the church might be willing to spend that kinda money on. They could take it right out of the bank account.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:23:19 pm »
Thanks much :) I'll be able to get some things started then.

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:22:42 am »
I thought instead of donating to Shadon, one was supposed to donate full boxes of guano to all the other deities, and stick carp in their enchanting pools?  Seems more his style.

If only there was a temple of Grand, one could drop off a full box of Dorand's Helpers. *snickers*

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 01:26:18 am »
Hmm.
Maybe I'll do that too. Just for laughs.
Time to go to Llast and say hello to Toran!

Aragon

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 02:16:06 am »
EdtheKet has a plan for the utilization of the donations.  For now I think D_Blaze is right, the GMs use it as a overall guideline for influence and waxing/wanning power of the gods.  The storyline is very much player driven if no one donates or particapates for a certain deity for extended periods you get what happened to the Baeron, his temple falls down.

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 02:53:53 am »
On the other hand, if Branderback gets a sudden huge rush of charity, I would say his dogma of greed is falling on deaf ears. :)

anything