The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Evil mouse killer  (Read 516 times)

SteveMaurer

Evil mouse killer
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »
Two real-world days ago, while in the Angel's guild, Darthirâe spotted a mouse.   Her natural reaction was to kill it, which she did (with her Umbrella of Doom).

However, this had several unanticipated side effects:

1] The mouse was part of a faction that included the caretaker of Port Hempstead's craft hall.   So when she went over there, she was attacked out of the blue.    Unfortunately, Darthirâe was also leading her ox, so there was no way to separate the combatants.    The seamstress turned into a bullfighter!    But the ox won.

2] She was nearly killed in Fort Vehl when the swordswoman guard (with a damned nasty attack) jumped her.   She barely got away with the help of Vanorsh and invisibility.

3] (There are other townspeople who are mad at her right now - clearly, all members of a secret society calling themselves the Mousketeers.)   I was told this will last until a server reset.

...but most importantly... her alignment has been shifted by one point towards Evil.

Now actually, I don't mind Darthirâe having a touch of evil about her, in an elegant, upper class sort of way.   But I'm not sure I'm allowed to just get automatic evil points for preying on rodents.  It seems sort of cheap.

But what do I know?  Anyone who's seen a Tom and Jerry cartoon knows hunting mice is the penultimate act of evil.  So I think the GM design team should spend a lot of time pondering this development, as it's clearly of the utmost importance.   Tell me, when you're done, if I should apply for a point of Good reimbursement.

p.s.  Other than nearly being killed, I'm laughing my (deleted-word)  off.

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, stolen

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Evil mouse killer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 03:03:42 pm »
That one point of evil was for your ox goring the merchant, methinks. As for the mice... **gives the evil eye to OsX**

To get the Evil point removed, post a grievance and link to this thread.

stolen

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:07:21 pm »
Wait until Elgon sees you again Darthirae, you slayers of all creatures great and small.
;

Serissa

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:05:09 pm »
Lady Z,

I'm very sorry for your troubles.  The mice in our guildhall are accustomed to much gentler treatment.  Had you pointed out the mouse, I'd have put down a treat and left a note for our resident mouser, Aerimor.  He practices catch and release (I haven't asked where he releases them).

Interesting to know that our mice have such powerful connections.

Again, I apologize and hope to see you soon in a mouse-free guildhall.  Thank you very much for your business.

Sincerely,
 Ferrit Pandorn, Angels Guild

osxmallard

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 04:06:31 pm »
Evil mouse killer.  I will shift you back one point when I spot you, as the mouse was placed for Amgine in the guild hall the other day.

//The Custom/Animal/Rodent/Mouse is faction:Neutral to All.  I will shift it next time to something else... sorry about that.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:37:28 am »
um, what if I have a mouse in my house too?

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 02:39:54 am »
you'll get a Toranite cat soon..

Smite Evil rodent meawwwwwww!!!!

osxmallard

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 06:05:14 am »
Quote from: merlin34baseball
um, what if I have a mouse in my house too?

I wouldn't kill it ... ;)

superdoofus

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:21:37 am »
I think they should make it Hostile but make it like the deers so it won't attack

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 07:29:24 pm »
Oi, reminds meh of a time not too many years back when ah heard soom nibbling behind a crate of mine in the house.  Pushed it aside to look behind and thar it was, the King of all Rats!  Dorand's Thunder cracked across its skull again and again, and still the bugger kept on charging with the full rage of the titans, his buck-teeth gnashing me flesh loike mithral itself.  Took many long minutes to finally do it in.  No doubt twas the Rat King, paragon of all rodent kind.

In the end, twas nary a match fer dwarven ire and defender gumshun.

anything