The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Half-giant question  (Read 603 times)

lolli_gagged

Half-giant question
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:54:18 pm »
Howdy,
I have a halfgiant, haggir, and for some reason it will not let me equip his greataxe and his shield at the same time. I can equip a sword and shield but not the greataxe. I asked a gm in game to make sure that i should be able to and was told that a half giant should be able to. Any suggestions?

thanks,
lolli

Marswipp

Re: Half-giant question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:38:01 am »
It might be a mechanical limit in the game engine.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 03:33:57 pm »
well it should work. I wonder if it is an issue with the skin you are using?

vgn

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 03:49:46 pm »
Something is wrong with your skin. Duur has always been able to hold a greataxe in one hand and a tower shield in the other.

lolli_gagged

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:18:25 pm »
Being totally ignorant here............ can it be fixed?

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 04:35:59 pm »
Yes, a GM can fix your skin IG wise. Should be at least ;)

Pseudonym

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 06:52:41 pm »
That was going to be my question. Are you able to equip the axe and shield but just cannot see it? The default giant skin will not show these as held but from memory you should still be able to put the items in their respective slots? The more 'human' giant skin that LoTF mentioned will show both these items equipped on your avatar (and armour and helmet, etc).

lolli_gagged

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 09:01:42 pm »
When I equip them in my inventory, I can place the shield where it goes and its fine, them  place the axe, but then the shield goes from the slot back into my inventory. Same thing if i do it the other way around. When I try to equip them in a quick slot it will only allow one at a time. Looking at my pc in game you can see when the axe is being held and when the shield is being held but never together. I am not sure if that answers the question or not. I am so sorry I know so little about all this.

Skywatcher

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 09:17:54 pm »
Are you sure you are getting a half giant skin?  Are you seeing the strength adjustment and such?  If you don't spell it just right in the subrace box on creation it will treat him just like a halforc even though it will say half giant.  You have to spell it one of these ways or it won't work (no spaces):

halfgiant
Halfgiant
HalfGiant

lolli_gagged

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 01:26:15 am »
it is spelled correct, its hard to tell but it doesnt look like there is a space between the words.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 02:41:26 am »
That is correct, in the subrace field there's no space in between.
LORE: Half Giant
In your subrace field it is spelled correctly.

Wella s a said, try to get a hold of a GM IG to assist you in fixing the problem :)