The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: half race characters  (Read 274 times)

Erik K

half race characters
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:22:42 am »
are half drow/half elven characters allowed in game? technically, one would be all elf, but Im  not sure if or this would be a violation of the no half elf characters rule or not.

Thunder Pants

Re: half race characters
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:30:55 am »
First off a half dark elf would have the same stat line benefits/abilities of a half elf and not those of an dark elf, in the exact same way that a half elf does not have all the same abilities of an elf

To my knowledge there is nothing that states you can not create a half elf character, but this character would have to have been born before 1421 (and thus be over 30 years old) and this character would have to be unable to have offspring of their own (due to the storyline reason)

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:34:20 am »
At least is something it has been seen in the past, But i think the age would be factor, due the siituation that does not allow half races in game.

Lyron the half dark elf

But I guess the Aprovals will have the final word on it

Edit: Thanks TP. That is the age factor i was refering myself

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:59:23 am »
a half dark elf/ half regular elf would have the stats of a regular elf, but yes it is do-able since it's all elf.  But, for rp, it would have none of the stats of a dark elf, but if it looked like a dark elf slightly, it would have all the rp'd shunning most likely by the surfacers, and probably would want to be killed by any dark elf it came across as an abomination (I think I'm paraphrasing almost to quoting someone... was it Ed or Dorg?)

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 10:24:47 am »
Pretty much as Alatriel said, if you mean a mixed elven type and not a half-elf (of any kind). So yes, it's possible and we have one such as you suggest:

http://forums.layonara.com/recent-approvals/216062-new-character-submission-darthirae-zhalberen-ed-review.html