The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I think I did something wrong.  (Read 466 times)

LynnJuniper

I think I did something wrong.
« on: January 24, 2012, 11:09:01 am »
When I played here the first time, I did something to get the custom heads to show up on character creation, so I could pick a custom one. For some reason I don't get that option this time (I tried moving all of Layo's haks into the override)

Did all non standard heads get removed? Do I need to ask a DM to change them and provide a number and if so how would I know which number corresponds to which head (Apparently I used to know at one point because I had Rhynn's changed from the long hair to the short hair).

I don't much mind the one I have, I was just wondering since there's no 'afk' room on this server that allows for small cosmetic changes.

Alatriel

Re: I think I did something wrong.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:31 am »
You need to download the custom head override package from the downloads page.  If you figure out which head number that you would like, however, a GM can fix it for you in game.

If you open up your toolset you can find the number that way, just create a character in the toolset and look at the corresponding head number.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:26:28 am »
Yup. I knew I missed something -_-;

Thanks I'll do this when I get home if the DMs don't mind.

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:27:50 am »
Not a problem, just send a tell on the DM channel to see if there is one available.

drakogear

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »
Hey, speaking of the custom heads... I've found something a bit off with the human heads. Either my download of them came through wrong or... there supposed to be full helmet and... metallic faced... :\\

BTW... sorry for hi-jacking... if I am... some what the same topic right?

Alatriel

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:26:22 pm »
There are indeed heads with helmets, both partial and full.

drakogear

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:34:47 pm »
yeah... bit some of the heads are all metallic. Both the skin and hair... like they just dunk there heads in a vat of liquid metal. O.o

darkstorme

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42:13 pm »
That can result from video card settings or from an error in the hak file.  You can try re-downloading it; if that doesn't fix the appearance, you can adjust your video card's settings.

The latter I'd suggest with caution, however, if this is the only glitch you're seeing.

drakogear

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »
Tried re-downloading but its still the same. about 14 male human heads are metallic. The one before the full helm heads.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »
Some textures must be missing somewhere

drakogear

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 04:14:36 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Some textures must be missing somewhere

Got the same problem with those 14 as well?

drakogear

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »
Looked through all the heads and the 14 male human heads are the only ones with that problem... though the half-orc appears to have about 4 lion heads. Hm, now there just missing he paws tails and fur... then they be furries! :p

Masterjack

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 06:42:08 pm »
Quote from: drakogear
Looked through all the heads and the 14 male human heads are the only ones with that problem... though the half-orc appears to have about 4 lion heads. Hm, now there just missing he paws tails and fur... then they be furries! :p

That's for the Wemic PCs.

drakogear

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »
But Wemics have human as there base race... not Half-orc... or has that been changed some time?