The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: cloudkill spell has a slow effect?  (Read 377 times)

davidhoff

cloudkill spell has a slow effect?
« on: April 18, 2009, 07:40:02 am »
I was in a certain place and a creature cast "cloudkill", which emits a red smoke and does acid damage...But, it also slowed me while I was in it for a short duration...I don't think the "slowing" is supposed to be an effect of the spell based on the spell's description.  Maybe I'm wrong; Tralek doesn't use that spell.

My question is: Is this supposed to happen (the slowness effect) with cloud kill, and does it work as well for cloudkill cast by player characters?

Thanks

Polak76

Re: cloudkill spell has a slow effect?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:52:20 am »
I've never been aware of this effect.
To my knowledge Cloudkill was fairly mundane in Layonara.

On the other hand I use Horrid wilting a lot and it does damage + slow effect.  The cloud however is not red.

This is just my observations.
Polak

davidhoff

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:13:39 am »
interesting because neither spell description lists a slow effect...nice to know though *smiles*,

thanks

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 08:28:46 am »
Creeping Doom is another one that adds a little slow effect.  I enjoy it as they help the spells do a bit more damage to charging onslaughts of enemies. (or allies! ;) )  Grovel's been having quite some fun with Creeping Doom lately... the gobbo-wolf now has attack fleas!  

The movement rate reduction for cloud and swarm spells is likely due to the victim coughing, itching, burning, gagging, etc.  Web too has a slowing effect to those in the area, though it notes this in that particular spell description.  This one and other spells that reduce movement rate might have their Lore descriptions updated as well.

-Cloudkill
-Creeping Doom
-Horrid Wilting

Now that you mention it, I'll keep an eye on any other spells that have movement rate reduction effects not noted in their description and make a post to the LORE Suggestions/Bug Reports when I'm satisfied experimenting on Nonac. :D

ycleption

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 11:31:49 am »
I don't know about the other two spells mentioned; horrid wilting's description changed in the 3.2 update, although I can't confirm that the slow was actually removed in game.

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 03:45:11 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation on this...It helps to know what you're throw'n out or what's being thrown your way...

Tralek