The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Metamagic and Sorcerors  (Read 170 times)

Krell Himmler

Metamagic and Sorcerors
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:27:59 am »
Does it make it a full round spell like in pnp? Just a quick one this time.

Dorganath

Re: Metamagic and Sorcerors
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 12:48:36 pm »
Pretty sure metamagic works the same for Sorcerers as it does for Wizards.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »
In PnP, you don't have quickslots. :p

My sorcerer doesn't have any metamagic feats, so I've not really tested it, but I'm kind of thinking you have to quickslot metamagic spells when your a sorcerer since they metamagic spells don't show up in your dial display (Kalin or Alantha could chime in here). That is, quickslot from your list of known spells (by pressing "b" on your keyboard). And like Dorg said, in NWN, metamagc spells take the same amount of time to cast whether a wizard or sorc casts them, so no, not a full round.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 01:46:15 pm »
Just curious as metamagic for wizards was a standard action (pnp) but for a sorceror a full round action, it was one of the great strengths of the wizard versus the sorceror at higher levels.

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:18:36 pm »
If anything, Sorcerors have even a little more fun with metamagic in NWN.  Metamagic on the fly is a great way to superpower a blastmage of destruction and optimize those off levels where all you get are obscure buffs and low power offense spells.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 02:47:01 pm »
My sorcerer has cast metamagic spells both quick-slotted and from the radial menu.  They cast the same, time-wise, as normal spells. He only has Empower, however. I can't speak for the rest of them.

Skywatcher

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 02:54:17 pm »
Yeah the metamagic spells have a seperate section of the radial menu so it takes an extra click on the radial menu but they are the same and you can still cast two metamagic spells per round if hasted so I don't think there is any time penalty for metamagic.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 03:06:43 pm »
Ok, thanks for that.

anything