The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mistone Alliance  (Read 102 times)

LordCove

Mistone Alliance
« on: November 24, 2007, 07:27:37 am »
To join the Mistone Alliance..ie.. via a CDQ...does a character "have" to have Mistone Alliance Scout levels?

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Mistone Alliance
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 01:15:49 pm »
I thought that the Mistone Alliance was the pact between rulers of Dregar and Mistone.

I don't think it's still on.

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 01:28:30 pm »
If you mean the intelligence portion then it's the other way around. You would need to join their scouts in order to take the levels...I guess you're asking if you can join the scouts without taking their levels, and to that I'm not sure. Couple others have joined and took the levels, would seem appropriate, but. *Shrugs*

The MA is sort of defunct after the war though, everyone having gone back to their home kingdoms and all that. I'm fairly sure that it's still there waiting should the need arise, banners hidden away in family chests and all that junk, and the intelligence portion is likely operating in the background to a lesser degree, but for all intents and purposes, at least to the normal eyes, it would be pretty much disbanded after the war and after the queen was taken home, I think. Blackford is of course not abandoned and empty, but it is between uniting leaders in times of need, at present.

I imagine the queen both 'allowed' and encouraged the older kingdoms to emerge - it would have happened anyway once that uniting emergency was gone, particularly during/after the dark ages... it just would probably have been more violently and resentfully if she'd tried to put any kinds of political demands on them. They go back to ruling themselves, and then if another Bloodstone comes, well, they remember who kept them safe from the brunt of the war and led them, and maybe break out the old banners under a new leader. ;) You never know!

That's just my interpretation, though. I guess they could still be in operation in a token sort of way. Still, in any interpretation I imagine they are a mere shadow of what they are in wartime with the kingdoms ruling (and bickering amongst) themselves for now.

I guess that's not really an answer, right? hehe.

LordCove

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 01:39:25 pm »
Nope... but answered all the others... thanks  :)