The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: multiclass question..  (Read 281 times)

Link092

multiclass question..
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:25:27 pm »
I just had an odd though... can a wizard multiclass as a sorcerer, and vise versa? I just thought of that, and that sorta made me curious......

Hellblazer

Re: multiclass question..
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:43:43 pm »
he could, but it would be a waste since he wouldn't gain anything more.

Link092

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:14:14 pm »
you say it like I want to multiclass gerik that way.... can't his Int is 10, and I plan of adding to his str, con and wis....

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:45:54 pm »
No I say it purely out of mechanics. A char wouldn't gain anything by multiclassing sorc and wiz. Same spells, same restrictions. The only benifit is learning spells much quicker

Link092

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 05:06:52 pm »
true, but I also think that there would be more use for spells. the sorc part would get to pile up on some spells, while the wizard could use a bit of everything.. for example, gerik can cast 7 Magc missiles. if he had a few classes as wizard as well, with a good int score, I think there would be more magic missile spells he could cast..... I have no clue.. I'm just rambling.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 05:54:21 pm »
I don't think it would change the total amount of spell you would be able to cast per day. Could be wrong there, didn't test it out fully.

ycleption

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 06:04:12 pm »
You would have two separate spell lists.
Your sorc level and charisma ability would determine how many spells you can cast per day, what spells you know, the DC, caster level, etc. from spell on the sorc spell list.
Your wizard level and intelligence would determine how many spells you can cast per day, what spells you know, the DC, caster level, etc. for the wizard spells.

Even though they are the same spells, you could only cast some as a wizard, and some as a sorcerer... does that make sense?

See: [Lore]caster level[/lore], [lore]wizard[/lore], [lore]sorcerer[/lore], and [lore]bonus spells[/lore]

Now keep in mind, you could make a very compelling RP reason why a character would be a wizard/sorc but you would be handicapping yourself mechanically compared to going with just one or the other.

Link092

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 06:25:33 pm »
yup. that's what I thought. thanks!

Weeblie

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 06:55:28 pm »
... until you actually reach level 40 with a 20/20 split. :)

Just imagine the quickslot horror!

Link092

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 07:03:25 pm »
I could see the spells filling up all of those poor hapless quick slots, scream "AAHHH! Help us!!!".....