The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Palemaster questions.  (Read 377 times)

silverblades

Palemaster questions.
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:14:27 am »
was interested in the Palemaster class  I have an idea on his creation but I need to know a few things.

Do I need to worship some deity? I've seen the writeup of Virtue Kessen but I think thats a bit way out there for me to rp properly. there are few players with this class to check out.

I was thinking Lawful neutral or chaotic nuetral, do I have to be Evil aligned?

If you have any suggestions for this class it would be most helpful.

Oh. what are the Requirements for PrC classes, I was thinking on

4 fighter
6 wizard
then 10 in palemaster
or do I need to be balanced in my two primary classes?
and I've read somewhere that you need to be Epic in your primary class before you can achieve any level beyond 10th in a PrC class?

well I think thats it.
thanks.
There can be only One.

ycleption

Re: Palemaster questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 01:44:21 am »
Well, first of all, your class split won't work because you need a minimum of five levels in each class.

LORE: Pale Master Lists the requirements, including "any non-good." I imagine LN would need more RP justification to take the class, since the class does have an evil flair to it...

As far as deity, Corath seems a natural fit, but is certainly not the only reason your character could have an affinity for the undead.

And yes, you are correct you can't take the 11th level in a prestige class until your 21st character level; as far as I know, that's a mechanical (nwn/dnd) requirement, not a Layo one.

Oh, and pale master is considered a "complex" prestige class, meaning it will take an updated bio, development thread, and will require several CDQs to take the class.

silverblades

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:13:50 am »
thanks for the info,

guess Ill see if the bio's good enough then.

I've made a palemaster on single player with 4 fighter/ 6 wizard/ and 13th Palemaster so it's not a nwn/dnd req.

anyways to comply with this I would have to go up to 20 in fighter or wizard or a combination or them staying within 5 levels of another to take any levels above 10 in Palemaster correct?
There can be only One.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:39:34 am »
Quote from: silverblades
thanks for the info,

guess Ill see if the bio's good enough then.

I've made a palemaster on single player with 4 fighter/ 6 wizard/ and 13th Palemaster so it's not a nwn/dnd req.

anyways to comply with this I would have to go up to 20 in fighter or wizard or a combination or them staying within 5 levels of another to take any levels above 10 in Palemaster correct?

I think you misunderstood....

You can't take any EPIC levels until your aggregate levels equal 20 or higher.

This means as a level 5 wizard/10 palemaster you could not take any epic palemaster levels. If you were 10wiz/10pm you could.

As I understand you need three things to get PM levels:

CDQ
Detailed CDT
Updated Bio

I guess a bio would go a long way to achieving it. But something worth mentioning....Palemaster levels increase spells known/day but don't increase damage for a spell OR spell duration....keep this in mind building PM combinations as it can become a real limitation/restriction.

akata

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:49:22 am »
to keep it simple:
if you wish to make a Wizard/Fighter/palemaster your level split will need to be 5/5/10 pre epic. All characters on Layonara need at least 5 level in any taken class when reaching level 20

your right in that you in a single player compain you can make a 4/6/13 split, what Ycleption meant is that you cant take level 11 in a prestige class before your total character level is 20+
NwN dont allow you the option before because a prestige class is considered epic at level 11 not 21 as per the standard classes

silverblades

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:42:08 pm »
OOhhhhh!  now I get it.

as for the increased damage for a spell or spell duration that plays havoc with Layo 15 minute rest rule, no much else but Meta magic feats to compensate,

thankyou.
There can be only One.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:33 pm »
Quote from: silverblades
OOhhhhh!  now I get it.

as for the increased damage for a spell or spell duration that plays havoc with Layo 15 minute rest rule, no much else but Meta magic feats to compensate,

thankyou.

Bear in mind there is a few select spells with set durations which are still useful.

If you are looking for a powerclass palemaster isn't it, not in Layonara that is.

If you are looking for a class rich in RP, intrigue and good old fashioned spookiness then the PM is it!

The rest also isn't 15 minutes, it goes on a scale, it starts off at 4 minutes(iirc) and scales up I think every time you get access to a new level of spells and eventually ends up at 20 minutes or so. It introduces a great level of play in which wizards are faced with what they were in the traditional setting...a limited amount of spells, this being their one great weakness.