The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Perhaps some simple questions!  (Read 112 times)

Walnutboy

• View Profile
    Perhaps some simple questions!
    « on: May 30, 2007, 08:05:07 pm »
    I've been looking through some of the CDJs and i have been wondering the following:

1) Do you need a CDQ to start writing a CDJ?

2) Are CDJs used to build for a CDQ or as a way or reinforcing what may happen IC and outside of the actual game world environment?

3) Is there a set format for writing a CDJ, i only ask this since i have seen two types so far 'character thoughts/diarys and mainly OOC 'progress' diarys?

(Sorry if these have been answered before but i couldn't see then and the forums are on the large side!)

Marswipp

Re: Perhaps some simple questions!
    « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:08:41 pm »
    One is backward.
    Two is ture to some extent
    Three, the answer is no.
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Walnutboy

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:24:30 pm »
      (Forgot one)

4) Can you write a CDJ even though you are not running or do not currently plan to have an active CDQ?

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:30:52 pm »
      Quote from: Walnutboy
      (Forgot one)

4) Can you write a CDJ even though you are not running or do not currently plan to have an active CDQ?

Yes, you can run a CDJ without requesting a CDQ as sometimes it makes sense anyhow to reflect the progress of ones character.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 05:03:36 pm »
      So to summarize, CDQs are not mandatory in order to keep a journal/dev thread. You can even put in a day at the pond with other people if you want.
      Or some thoughts on a regular quest or some new place you visited.
      The format is also up to you, but usually, they're written from your character's perspective.

anything