The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: possible bug ??  (Read 227 times)

jan

possible bug ??
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:47:32 pm »
I just noticed that the feat " Skill Focus " might not work .

I base this on the following : i  tried a "tumble check " in game and saw that i received a +9  to it .
My points in tumble are +9 and i took the feat "skill focus Tumble " which should automatically give a +3 to tumble checks .
Any one has any idea about that ?

Thanks , Jan A.K.A. Barion

osxmallard

Re: possible bug ??
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 02:01:52 pm »
What you are wearing or holding affects tumble... did you try doing it holding nothing and wearing clothing (or naked)?

Weeblie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:22:33 pm »
It looks fairly correct...

Base: 12
Armor Check Penalty: -8
Dexterity: +2
Skill Focus (Tumble): +3
Total: +9

jan

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:59:42 pm »
i tried it in normal clothes and i get a +16 then , is there a chart somewhere that shows how dex infects tumble ?
Asking this because i lose one point in dex when i wear full plate if you compare it to the clothes i wear normally .
*grins* before you all say it , yes ...Barion always seems to wear his armor  ;-)

darkstorme

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 06:06:01 pm »
It's the Armour Check penalty.

Click here.

While it only affects Dexterity-based skills, the reduction to DEX is not where the drain on Tumble comes from.

Quote from: Hypertext D20SRD

An armor check penalty number is the penalty that applies to Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, and Tumble checks by a character wearing a certain kind of armor.

The terms in bold are the terms affected mechanically in Neverwinter Nights by the Armour Check Penalty.

Weeblie

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 06:16:29 pm »
Dex affects tumble with the same modifier as any other skill point is affecting tumble. In other words "(skill - 10) / 2" rounding downwards.

To my knowledge, wearing a full plate do not limit the maximum dexterity modifier to +1. That "maximum" is only present when calculating the dexterity bonus to AC, not for skill points nor saves (I think).

Which means that Barion, with the 15 dex, would have a +2 modifier to tumble from dex alone.

Xirion

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:39:22 am »
Thats right, only AC-bonus us affected, but shouldn't Barion in this case get a + 17?
+12tumble,
+ 2dex
+ 3skillfocus

without any armor that's how it should calculate... right? Wrong? *shrugs*

anything