The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Question about Character Submission and Prestige Classes.  (Read 230 times)

BokajSarugiz

• View Profile
    Question about Character Submission and Prestige Classes.
    « on: August 19, 2008, 07:19:39 am »
    I'm new to this PW thing and I have a few questions about character submission. Firstly, can you take more than one Prestige Class? Basically I would like to develop a character who is a Fighter/Duelist/Weapon Master focusing on the rapier. Is this possible in Layonara? If so, do I put these two intended Prestige Classes in the second and third class slots in the character submission wizard? I know the Prestige Classes are not approved initially, but do I put them there to make it clear that is what I'm aiming for?

Marswipp

Re: Question about Character Submission and Prestige Classes.
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:36:39 am »
    You can have more than one Prestige class. That particular build (Fighter/Duelist/WM) may not be allowed for specific reasons (powerbuild)
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

s0ulz

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:40:53 am »
    As long as you clearly state that the PrCs input in the submission are only there to show the potential way you see the character going, you can freely put them in there.

The particular multiclass you mentioned will however most likely not be approved by purely mechanical reasons as Marswipp already stated. Everyone gets a shot though.

darkstorme

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:15:13 am »
    While any combination of classes that doesn't violate the restricted multiclassing rules or the mechanical constraints provided by Bioware is permitted, the general rule is the more unusual a combination, the more is required to justify it.

In the case of a class combination that appears to be a powerbuild, the PrC applications will come under greater scrutiny.  If the character's story and development are such that the development path is perfectly logical, it is far more likely to be approved than if the class requests are clearly purely for mechanical reasons.

As Soulz said, everyone gets a shot. :)