The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Requesting private forum for Saddlebag Pawn Managers  (Read 480 times)

Riven

Requesting private forum for Saddlebag Pawn Managers
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:41 am »
I hope this the right place to ask for this.

Alazira and I are getting ready to expand the shop majorly, and we need a private forum to keep track of transactions privately, and communicate with each other about the pawn shop business.

What do we need to do to create this?

Thanks a bunch!
~Riven

Dorganath

Re: Requesting private forum for Saddlebag Pawn Managers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:32:34 am »
Quote from: Riven
What do we need to do to create this?

We have generally required that a player group become organized into an established guild before we grant them a private forum.

Riven

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:23:53 am »
Thanks Dorganath.

Unfortunately, Saddlebag, as a barter pawn shop, really does not need a group of 5 (guilds require a leader and 4 members). Right now it's two of us, and we may add a third if needed after we move the shop and expand to include cnr bartering.

I noticed you used the word "generally required" regarding needing a guild for a private forum. Can an exception be made for a private forum to track our business transactions for the two or three of us?

thanks for considering.
~Riven

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »
Quote from: Riven
I noticed you used the word "generally required" regarding needing a guild for a private forum. Can an exception be made for a private forum to track our business transactions for the two or three of us?

thanks for considering.
~Riven

I said "generally" because it is how we have done it, though we (forum admins) lack any real written "policy" on it. It is really just a matter of precedent. My personal feeling is that the problem with making exceptions is that it becomes very subjective as to who or which causes we deem as being worthy of a private forum and which we don't. Drawing the line with guilds makes it simple and bias-free. Allowing anyone with a "good reason" to have a private forum can quickly become an administrative nightmare.

I won't make any promises, but potentially, if Saddlebag shows some longevity, we might consider it.  At present I'm not terribly sold on the idea of exceptions.  This is not directed at you whatsoever, just the idea in general. And for disclosure, my main character is part of a small group that will likely never become a "guild" and I have not established a private forum for it either because of our long-standing precedent.

Riven

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 11:31:23 pm »
Thanks for the clear thoughtful response. That makes perfect sense. I'll look into other options for the two or three of us to communicate together.
thanks!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »
You could always bring on a couple of "associates" to help, 5 really isn't that many people...

anything