The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Return of the Beast - Book Found  (Read 418 times)

Anamnesis

Return of the Beast - Book Found
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:53 pm »
//There is book that has been found in game that mentions the Return of the Beast, that my character is interested in pursuing but I am unsure who the DM involved actually is. If there is anyone who can clarify, it would help me determine who I need to send my own actions too.

Thanks!
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Lareth

Re: Return of the Beast - Book Found
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »
//Not 100% sure but isn't that one of the stock NWN Forgotten Realms books, something to do with Moonshae Isles?

Dremora

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »
No idea, I found it on corpses added to the giant area when a wild magic portal was placed in the forest cave near Prantz.
The book was on the corpse and that corpse has never regenerated anything else so one has to assume a DM placed it.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »
// Just read on the text if there was something about the moonsheas, if it says something as that is one of the stories of Forgotten realms, the beast was sent by Bane, if i remember well . which is a FR god.  If not someone will post here iwth the right answer ;)

Anamnesis

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 08:56:49 am »
//Nothing about the Moonsheas and below is a copy of the book itself...

Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:48:26 am »
It is a stock NWN book, as the mention of the Sword Coast illustrates. My guess is that this book was automatically generated upon the creation of whatever monster/container in which the book was found. It's not in our standard drop list, so my understanding is it could only be generated when a GM creates a monster/container IG.

mixafix

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:40:05 am »
Missed this on first pass.

This was one of mine. The book itself was renamed as a

spell book

to indicate a fallen spell caster - and the danger to spellcasters ahead. (the actual wording within alas is standard as indicated above and not of note)

so no follow up possible in this case - but thanks for the interest.