The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: RP or quality of RP?  (Read 820 times)

Aerimor

Re: RP or quality of RP?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:51:49 pm »
Hey! Raz can hang with _any_ soap opera.  Heck he'd watch them all anyway.  I could see Zari and he sitting on the couch, fuzzy bunny slippers up, facial masks on, eating bon bons and gossiping about the characters.

If he was a sopa opera character, he'd have a huge following!  Heck I might even watch! And I can't stand soap operas. ;)

"No way! He ain't gonna be that stupid? No way he is going to...."
"Oh my gawd, he was that stupid!.... again!"

Dorganath

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:55:30 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
What I think is all GM characters should have the WL wand or the equivalence, that could then hand out XP if they stumble in party that are rping well to them. This way they don't have to be necessarily on as a gm, and while they can enjoy playing their char they could also able to dispense the good rp bonus xp, when they see fit.

This has been discussed more than once among the GM team, and the gist of things is this:

WL XP wands are for WLs only.  They're a privilege and responsibility of being a WL. As such, they are only given to WLs, and only the WL character that earned the title. This applies to WL players who are GMs and those who are not.  As the system is currently coded, the WL wands only work for WLs and GM avatars, as this was their sole intent.

For what it's worth, I am much better about handing out XP as a GM than I am as a WL.  Why? I just forget! Or I remember early on in the RP, but by the time it's over, it completely slips my mind.

So for anyone who RPs with Connor and wonders why he's being such a stingy WL, don't blame him.  His forgetful puppet-master is the blame. ;)

Hellblazer

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 12:00:10 am »
hehehe

twidget658

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 12:06:10 am »
Quote from: Dorganath
For what it's worth, I am much better about handing out XP as a GM than I am as a WL. Why? I just forget! Or I remember early on in the RP, but by the time it's over, it completely slips my mind.

So for anyone who RPs with Connor and wonders why he's being such a stingy WL, don't blame him. His forgetful puppet-master is the blame. ;)

Exactly. We get caught up in the moments as well.

Lynn1020

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 10:18:05 pm »
Thanks to the GM's that responded. It does help us understand the other side.  I hope other GM's will speak up as well. :)

I hope I did not come across as sound like I expect xp every time I rp. In no way did I  mean that.  But players do talk and it gets around when there is a gm on handing out xp and it may leave others to wonder why some got it and not others. This is the chance to explain a bit of what you look for in RP.   It can only make us better rp'ers right? :D

lonnarin

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 11:35:49 pm »
Quote from: twidget658
Exactly. We get caught up in the moments as well.

Aye I did the Plenarius lore quest at least 3x with Farros.  Never got the bump. :P

Link092

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 12:48:48 am »
Quote from: Tanman
I like to see IC drama even if that means arguments/plotting against one another (if you are one of those types).

*shifty eyes*

ehh...hehe...hehehe.....

*runs off to plot more secret plots*

geloooo

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 09:28:33 pm »
DM Tobias and DM Twidget made my first steps on Layonara full of color! (Ironic since I play a Dark Elf) I actually miss running from guards and encountering random events like the dalmatian last Christmas and the flower girl in Krandor flirting with Ni'haer! Oh, and the guard in Mariner's Hold that made Ni'haer explode in a flurry if rage! Lots of good laughs and interesting rp. I miss those but hey, not everyone has time to go on and bump people with the xp wand for rp. :)

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:12 pm »
*Aesthir comes back smiling happily after secret plotting the counterplots from Meander, and why not to do some secret plots with other secret shaddy plotting characters to do more plots vs Lance*

heh..;)

Plotting is real challenging and fun.  heh

Link092

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 01:04:33 am »
*plots devastatingly plotty plots that are filled with plotting and potting mix... and more plotty plotting goodness*

Xaltotun

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 05:00:55 am »
Well, I know that I have been given the benefit of RP XPs from GMs from time to time, and it is most welcome; and most unexpected, so please, keep it coming. I also like to thank the GM too, so tend to send a message on that channel to that effect. It somehow reinforces, to me at least, that I am doing something right and something appreciated by the GM team.

I also like it when, as Geloooo said, an NPC suddenly comes alive and presents you with a situation - great break from the norm and stops the player treating NPCs as mere spectators.

I understand the point on not interrupting players when they are soloing, crafting, and so on, but personally, I would LOVE to get such an interruption. It would break the humdrum part of CNR :D

But I say, from a role playing player's perspective to those GMs who do it, please, please, continue to hand out RP XPs: you know who you are...

SteveMaurer

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 07:32:16 pm »
I generally RP because that's what I like to do.  Otherwise I wouldn't be here.  In an ideal world, you wouldn't even need to have such wands.    The only reason I see for them to exist is to keep people from feeling that they're falling behind the people who go out bashing giants.

But let me also rise to the defense of people who bash giants, as well: there is a thrill to risking your PCs life, especially when things aren't going so well, and you know you might die.   We've all felt it.   So I don't think it's fair to completely trash people who like taking on combat challenges, just because the game system rewards them disproportionately.

I guess what I'm saying is that balance is the key to everybody's enjoyment, and the wands help that.

Lynn1020

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 09:44:02 pm »
Just want to say thanks to the GM's that have been out and about with the XP wand lately! :)  Always fun to see that green come across for RP XP. Almost like Christmas! :p

Tanman

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:58:14 pm »
SteveMaurer you are exactly right!

anything