The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: So I biffed it...  (Read 375 times)

Dove de Dona Pheonix

• View Profile
    So I biffed it...
    « on: May 22, 2007, 03:56:38 pm »
    OK I am brand new to Layonara and NWN multiplayer as well and in the time honored tradition of newbs everywhere I screwed up. While creating my character I put in the wrong info for her appearance, I put in her history instead. Is there any way to fix this? If not can i scratch the character and remake her? Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum, still figuring things out. -embarrassed blush-

LynnJuniper

Re: So I biffed it...
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 03:59:44 pm »
    If you just made the character I'd say scratch and remake with a slightly different name or a space on the front. Then there are two things you have to do:

1. Post in your character approval forum with the new name (For documentation purposes)
    2. Post in the character deletion thread for the deletion of the character you messed up (Character deletion thread is in the Character Approvals Forum. Be sure to add Bioware (Login) Name, Character name, and reason ).

If you have gained sufficient levels with the character , then you can ask for the bio changed in the Disputes and Grievances section. Be sure to format your post the way the GMs would like it. Its outlined in one of the stickies in the thread. :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:00:51 pm »
    you can go into the dispute and grievance thread and ask the team to imput your new info card text. If it is approved, it may take a few days for it to be done.

Go here

use this format

Bioware name:
    Char name:
    Description of ocurence:
    Info card text:

will speed up things for them. I might be wrong, but its my understanding that even if you are a level 1 char, a scratch and restart should always be approved by the GM team.

Serissa

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:35:26 pm »
    If you're going with a slightly different name, don't put a space on the front, please.  If someone needs to send you a "tell" by specifying your name, it's awfully hard to remember there's a space on the front.

Acacea

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:38:02 pm »
    No, a scratch and restart as suggested by Rhynn is perfectly fine for a new character - chances are if the character is only level 1-5ish, it will be suggested anyway.

MJZ

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 08:58:40 pm »
    Please please please! No more spaces! Gaah the characters that are named " . .    Logan   DeHuge .    " drive me nuts!!!

Edit: Multiple spaces are getting cleaned up when I post, therefore the first two periods denote spaces. However, the last one is a real period, which people also use. Brrr.

Dove de Dona Pheonix

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 02:50:10 am »
      OK I will scratch and restart. Thanks everyone.

anything