The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: So....I need a bit of information.  (Read 448 times)

LynnJuniper

So....I need a bit of information.
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:03:56 pm »
1) I heard you guys have this funky thing called the Al'Noth now. I know that's magic, basically, but is there anything else that makes it different from the Weave as it was before? I know you guys are kinda limited right now by the NWN engine. But is there something I need to know?

a) If the Al'Noth now equals the Weave, I have questions about using spells from the d20 srd in RP/DM supervised/approved situations. I know certain DMs used to allow this to a certain extent. Is it still that way, or has it become a hard coded no due to moving away from D&D. Are we still allowed to be creative? For example, Illusions, Enchantments, ecetera that aren't neccesarily given to use by NWN's RP lacking spellbooks.

2)  I need any and all information that can be spared about The Great Desert reigion and about Audiria if possible.

3)  So, what's been going on with Mistites lately that would be common knowledge, anything I can't find on the boards?

and finally

4) I've been gone forever! Like, atleast 12 In game years. What have I missed? Can someone summerize in like three to five paragraphs everything that's happened since...Oh lets say, before Dissolution say right after Milara met with the bunch of adventurers. Anything that would be common knowledge. Or if there's one handy dandy link I can look at.

Yeah.....By the way...Hello again. >.> I'm kinda..toying with playing a bit :D SO Hi Everyboody!

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, miltonyorkcastle, LordCove

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: So....I need a bit of information.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:13:02 pm »
Dragons are back
Cultists are using some sorta poison/potion to mess with dragons
Somebody stole a shiny rock form Fisterion
Shiff Died
Welcome back...  sorta

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:17:54 pm »
1) It's just a name change, meant to distance us from FR a bit more.  Fundamentally, nothing else changed.

1a) The same level of creativity is still possible, with a GM's consent and cooperation. Nothing else has changed in that regard. We haven't changed the names of any more spells nor changed the way they work.

2), 3) and 4) I'm going to let someone else answer these...so I don't guess at the details.

ycleption

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:19:40 pm »
1. old weave = new al'noth

1.a. Really up to the DM, same as it was before.

edit: yeah, what Dorg said.

Rowana

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:31:40 pm »
If you are in need/want of a bit of light reading to catch up, much of this information is 'available' in rumor or some other. Use your best RP sense in some of these player initiated events of course.

This, as always, is also a good place to peruse through.

Also the timeline has had a few updates, not sure if any will be helpful on the matter.

Hope this helps,
~row

jrizz

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:25:17 pm »
rhynnkins returns? well now the party can start :)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 11:26:48 pm »
Well, Lynn Returns. Is it sad that I miss mah Squishy more than I miss my main character?

Also: What year are we in Layo time?

Gulnyr

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 11:37:39 pm »
It's 1438.  

I think.

darkstorme

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 12:51:09 am »
It's at the bottom of every LORE page.

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 01:39:14 am »
Quote from: LynnJuniper
Well, Lynn Returns. Is it sad that I miss mah Squishy more than I miss my main character?

Also: What year are we in Layo time?

Squishy could have always unbound to/killed Rhynn and come back under a new master.  The Nefarious Mr. Quimby used to serve Brilligimble, ate him then migrated to Ogzughimmal... who consequently tried to eat Quimby, got him stuck in his throat causing both to die of asphyxiation.  On the plus side, Quimby managed to release his reproductive eye-pods into the body, so wee little beholderkin babies ate their way out of the Ogzugcorpse like wasp larva.  Or at least that's what I like to believe what happened.  It so totally beats the "he took the wrong feats and decided to retire rather than pursue a career of stunted spellcasting and I only have 6 slots to work with" story.  :P

On that note, any ideas on what you're going to make as a new character?  The gobbo tribe could always use a mage... or heck, any other kind of gobbo, orc or monstrous member.  *wink wink*

Pseudonym

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 01:41:53 am »
Welcome back Lynn. Hope you have fun!

LynnJuniper

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 07:09:30 am »
Thanks, and Lonn I can't make a monster ;) All of my characters need to be pretty humans or elves because I'm unoriginal like that. And don't you dare speak such blasphemy. Squishy would never betray his Queen and Goddess...But he did have lots of spawn such as but not limited to

Kelle
Boots
Flobar
Floogitaba

ecetera.

s0ulz

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 09:02:33 am »
Great to hear from you again Lynn. It's been a long time.