The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stuck in Trans?  (Read 494 times)

Fian Bearsark

Stuck in Trans?
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »
I am unable to access one of my characters currently (Drawna Eldreal). I lost her transiting into the Battlehelm moors first screen from the Dapplegreen screen. When I log in and choose her to play, the Battlehelm area starts to load and then stops and NWN freezes. I have played two other characters since just fine, so it must be something with her. I even ran a character over to the same place and he transited fine. I think she might be cold, lonely and cranky by now.

Is there anything that can be done or should I wait for a server reset? Thanks in advance.

Masterjack

Re: Stuck in Trans?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:48:39 pm »
Some people have a problem with that area in particular. It has something to do with the tile set. The problem does not happen all the time and is hit and miss. To correct the problem from my understanding is to turn off shiney water and tone down your graphics. That should clear it up enough for you to log in.

Let me know if that does not work. We have other options that may work.

Masterjack

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:33 pm »
Well I tried to grab the character before it spawned in and jump them to the GM. It did not work, I saw the portrait of the character but could not spawn them to me. They disconnected before I could.  

I'm thinking that trying that after a server reset may do the trick, since they spawn in at in different screen after a server reset.

Fian Bearsark

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 03:27:05 pm »
Yep you grabbed her. She is out and on the loose again. When I logged in she was back on the previous screen. Thanks Masterjack!

anything