The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Surface Raids  (Read 395 times)

Dremora

Surface Raids
« on: December 09, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »
Question preferably for the Loremaster or team so I be sure the answer isn't just guessing but it was mentioned that dark elves are rarely seen unless raiding the surface. Now since maps were said to be useless in the Deep im curious as to how the dark elves etc. find their way to the surface and back successfully with their slaves etc.

Magic? Well-mainted routes through the Deep that DO have maps? Guesswork? Does the Underdark's tectonic activity space out long enough for temporary maps to be drawn up when scouts find new ways up?
Not urgent info for a CDQ or anything but I am curious since my main is a darkie :P

Dremora

Re: Surface Raids
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »
Bump.

Masterjack

Re: Surface Raids
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:04:24 pm »
This maybe altered by ED but this is my take on it as a GM.

There are known entrances into the deep that PCs know about. Their are also entrances into the deep that only a select few NPCs know about. We also have the mountains of madness on Alindor completely darkened by Milara and is currently held and controlled by him and his Dark elves.

All I can answer is that it happens and they know how to get back. Each group has their own way. They keep it a guarded secret as they do not want any of the other houses to learn how they do what they do.  It is a competitive and profitable business after all.

anything